Emiliano Martínez

hippo

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Apparently he is an Argentinian cartoon character. Cant find much more in English but he definitely doesn't look like him 😂😂😂

The character was recognisable for have child like cartoon freckles I belive. Which Emi apparently had a lot of. I recall reading that somewhere but now can't find it so wondering if I made it up. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

He’s without doubt our most important and biggest asset in the squad right now. Such an influence to the rest of the squad.

I think our whole spine is crucial.

Martinez-Konsa-McGinn-Watkins

Any of those missing is problematic.

Just now, villalad21 said:

I think our whole spine is crucial.

Martinez-Konsa-McGinn-Watkins

Any of those missing is problematic.

Yes it is, but we just don’t have an adequate back up to Martinez right now. Steer just doesn’t carry the same confidence and quality.

For me, he is probably one of the only world class players we have had in the last twenty to twenty five years.  Its a real joy to have someone like him at our club, lets hope in the near future we get a few more of his caliber.

2 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Shots on target faced in that period:

Ederson: 116

Mendy: 122

Martinez: 245

Its a race but the other two had the training wheels on in comparison. We look more set up to deny shooting chances now so hopefully Martinez can actually increase his CS%

That's staggering! To combine being in top 3 for clean sheets and facing double the number of shots on target. He is a class act.

Â