Emiliano Martínez

hippo

7 hours ago, R.Bear said:

Terrible mistake. Didn't let it bother him. More than made up for it afterwards. Brilliant player.

Not even sure if it was a mistake, Cavani was right in front of him which distracted him

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

All goalkeepers, even the greatest, drop clangers. As long as they are few and far between then it's acceptable.

As others have said, he didn't let it bother him and made a couple of crucial saves. 

Spot on. I also think he would have been touched by the fact we started singing his name seconds after the mistake. 

He seems like a very emotional character and I think that would have meant a lot to him. 

6 hours ago, Spoony said:

Just wanted to check no one was going after him for that mistake. He made some incredible stops after that which kept us in the game.

**** his mistake. He’s allowed a couple. He’s given us countless points. I’d even go as far as to say we are only a PL team because of his saves and we’d otherwise be in the championship and he’d be winning leagues. If anyone wants to criticise Martinez I will attack them with verbal weapons of EXTREME MAGNITUDE. 

PLEASE STAY OFF EMI’S BACK

OR SPOONY WILL ATTACK

AND YOU DONT WANT THAT

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Afaik, Emi can do no wrong! 🤣

Love the big guy, anyone can make a mistake. Didn’t let it affect him which is HUGE! 

We couldn’t dream of having a better keeper and a better personality in our ranks.

Got lucky with this one, thankfully. He looked outstanding for Arsenal during lockdown but since he signed for us, he’s even better than any of us ever thought!

Â