Emiliano Martínez

hippo

58 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

What a great bloke to have in the dressing room. He really does believe it, and that infectious belief is surely being transmitted to his teammates, week in, week out. 

• Like 2

You can tell he takes loyalty v seriously in the way he filmed the message to arsenal fans when he left them (after being treated like sh*te by the club) and now how he comes out to defend us and his teammates at every opportunity. 

He seems like a proper family man, too, so having his kids growing up in the region will give him further attachment and belonging here.

He’s a top human

9 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

You can tell he takes loyalty v seriously in the way he filmed the message to arsenal fans when he left them (after being treated like sh*te by the club) and now how he comes out to defend us and his teammates at every opportunity. 

He seems like a proper family man, too, so having his kids growing up in the region will give him further attachment and belonging here.

He’s a top human

Been good recruitment by Villa to keep a very good sense of character in the squad. Lots of the starting XI are family men and the ones that aren't don't seem to pop up a lot in the media about being on on town.

Don't begrudge players doing whatever they want to do and there's always a few mavericks that still perform well but I think it's been part of the togetherness and consistency under Unai that there's a good foundation of character in the team as opposed to some of the tankers playing for us after the MON years.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is it just me or does anyone else watch average keepers beaten and think Emi would be saving that. We’re so lucky to have such a top keeper.  

I do. All the time.

It'll be a routine goal, and I'll very very often think...I'd be disappointed if Emi let that in. But he wouldn't. Because he barely ever does.

• Like 1

Had a discussion with a Liverpool fan, he tried to tell me Allison was the best. I was rather pleased with my response

You say Allison is the best, Man City fans think Ederson is the best. The rest of the world know Emi is the best

On 11/12/2023 at 21:53, Powehi said:

My favourite Villa player right now and on track to becoming my favourite Villa player since I started supporting the club.

He's the kind of player that if he's on your team you love him to death, and if you're playing against him you couldn't hate him more. Perfect!

Edited by ChicagoVillan1983

Maybe a bit controversial, but I think he's Martinez is the single biggest reason -- coupled with Unai and McGinn -- that we're at where we're at. He's the player with the sky-rocketing on-pitch ambition. He is absolutely desperate to win. You need a manager with that, too, but Martinez makes Unai's tactics actionable on the pitch. I never really grasped just how intelligent Martinez and also John McGinn are until this year, but I see them as authentic geniuses now, McGinn is Villa's left brain, the Architect, Martinez is Villa's right, the Soul.

God, wtf am I on about? Too much coffee tonight heh.

spacer.png

Â