Emiliano Martínez

hippo

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Hopefully means he's starting and not just on the bench.

I feel like if he's fit enough to be on the bench, he's fit enough to start. No point wasting a spot on the bench if he's just going to chunder everywhere the moment he goes on the pitch.

15 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Hopefully means he's starting and not just on the bench.

I'm optimistic. The amount of fans I saw on social media praying for his guts/arse to settle down for tonight must've made an impact 😂

Just now, Jareth said:

Unfortunately it was a grade B arse tear needing stitches - it's 50/50. 

'taint.

Please get the joke ...

• Haha 1

Emi on Behind Game on BT, really interesting listening to him. Talking about Villa now, he loves Villa. Said about an Argentinian journo coming to interview him and they didn't realise how big Villa was. We now have many more fans in Argentina.

He wants to win summat with Villa

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Emi on Behind Game on BT, really interesting listening to him. Talking about Villa now, he loves Villa. Said about an Argentinian journo coming to interview him and they didn't realise how big Villa was. We now have many more fans in Argentina.

Was about to post this. This is really good!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Who was the "interesting brunette " ? 

Hasnt conceded a home goal since February 18 and even then one was offside and hit his back and the other he was 70 yards up the pitch

So we say he hasnt conceded Zinchenkos goal

• Like 1

He's sort of in a Legend in the making space at Villa. Completely unreplaceable at the moment and has an aura that stinks of winner. I loved Spink with that Bubba Gump jawline, Bosnich with the powder around his nostrils but Emi Martinez is on another level entirely. The improvement in distribution in such a short time is remarkable. On top of him being a true territorial lion. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

He's sort of in a Legend in the making space at Villa. Completely unreplaceable at the moment and has an aura that stinks of winner. I loved Spink with that Bubba Gump jawline, Bosnich with the powder around his nostrils but Emi Martinez is on another level entirely. The improvement in distribution in such a short time is remarkable. On top of him being a true territorial lion. 

He already is a legend in footballing terms, I think. Not many people on Villatalk have a bad word to say about him, and you've got to be a very good player indeed for that to happen.

In terms of how he'll be remembered in the future, I think the important thing will be whether he leaves and how he does it if so. We've seen with Grealish that a club legend can lose that status with a lot of fans when they leave.

Seems like he genuinely loves it here, though, so maybe in future we'll be looking back at this period and talking of the golden "Martinez decade".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Panto_Villan said:

He already is a legend in footballing terms, I think. Not many people on Villatalk have a bad word to say about him, and you've got to be a very good player indeed for that to happen.

In terms of how he'll be remembered in the future, I think the important thing will be whether he leaves and how he does it if so. We've seen with Grealish that a club legend can lose that status with a lot of fans when they leave.

Seems like he genuinely loves it here, though, so maybe in future we'll be looking back at this period and talking of the golden "Martinez decade".

I don't think him or Grealish are currently Villa Legends. Cup wins and multiple seasons giving your heart and soul is the only way to ensure legendary status imo. Once you get it you never lose it. Grealish is no Villa legend. Argue about him being the best to ever wear the shirt but legend no way. Emi is on the right track though because he's still here with work to do. 

Â