Emiliano Martínez

hippo

We have a World Cup winning goal keeper. 

Seen suggestions he is not a brilliant shot stopper, wtf! 

The guys literally renowned as being a great penalty saver around the World, pretty sure that’s classed as short stopping? 

Im sure the criticism is stemming from coming up for the corner and this conceding, but the game was lost already, if he scores it will be hailed as great decision. 

We would be mad to want to sell the best keeper we have had for decades, if he doesn’t want to go that is. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

And when shown the McGinn goal that was ruled out Gallagher merely winced and said “subjectivity”. Embarrassing, even the Sky presenter said Barkley did even less to interfere. 

It’s pretty poor, I think the 3rd pundit nailed it when he said if the players are in an active position then it should be offside regardless. That was my it’s black and white and not subjective for any team.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

We have a World Cup winning goal keeper. 

Seen suggestions he is not a brilliant shot stopper, wtf! 

The guys literally renowned as being a great penalty saver around the World, pretty sure that’s classed as short stopping? 

Im sure the criticism is stemming from coming up for the corner and this conceding, but the game was lost already, if he scores it will be hailed as great decision. 

We would be mad to want to sell the best keeper we have had for decades, if he doesn’t want to go that is. 

I would guess that some of the criticism comes from him letting in 11 goals in three matches, which isn't a great look for any keeper.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

It’s pretty poor, I think the 3rd pundit nailed it when he said if the players are in an active position then it should be offside regardless. That was my it’s black and white and not subjective for any team.

If those 2 players are blocking/partially blocking his sight,the they are interfearing with play.

That story is mental to me.

Firstly, I don't think we should be looking to sell him. I've said before that selling him is certainly an option. I think it's very possible he'll want to leave and his stock will never be higher so it would be good business to listen to offers as the fee would be astronomical.

But I don't think we should be openly looking to sell him.

Also, advertising the fact is also mental. Don't let clubs know that we want to sell him.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But I don't think we should be openly looking to sell him.

I don’t think we are, but as usual the media have decided to sell him to a top 6 club. They can’t have him playing for Villa. 

I’m pretty sure though that we have a plan either way. The media haven’t woken up to the fact that we’re no longer the disorganised mess we’ve been for years before NSWE arrived. Long may their ignorance continue. 

10 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Someone said £60 million, he must be worth more?

His stock will literally never be higher. He’s genuinely rated as one of the best keepers in the world right now. If we’re selling we should be looking for a world record fee for a keeper

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Hilariously, having double checked, Dermot Gallagher said McGinn's goal was offside. Corruption. No other word.

FpbmtSTXEBc_kl4?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â