The AVFC FFP thread

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Think FFP seriousness will be detected with how blues get treated. They have constantly went against the rules this summer and havent taken it serious

Exactly id they get just a fine then its nothing to worry about accept a fine 

Small Heath's problem would be finding the money to pay any FFP fine but that would be their problem and I for one, won't be losing any sleep about their financial difficulties. ;)Turning to the club that matters, I wonder if our FFP issues might be resolved by selling the naming rights to the North Stand and calling it the FFP Stand? :) 

• Haha 2

On 06/09/2018 at 10:58, Zatman said:

Think FFP seriousness will be detected with how blues get treated. They have constantly went against the rules this summer and havent taken it serious

12 point deduction if John Percy is to be believed.

I seriously hope we've done our sums right.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/birmingham-city-facing-15-point-deduction-bgnbhc3s5

Birmingham City are facing a 15-point deduction this season for breaching EFL spending limits that would all but condemn them to relegation.

Future rule-breakers are to be given a maximum 21-point fine, under new sanctioning guidelines presented to Sky Bet Championship clubs today.

15 point fine for Birmingham .....

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

God I hate FFP. We apparently have the 3rd richest owners in the country and we can’t bloody spend big even if we wanted too! 

We don't need to spend big, we've pulled in some big names on loan for this season and now have arguably the best squad in the league.

Looking down at the pitch on Tuesday night we had Kodjia, Abraham, Bolaise, Grealish, McGinn & Hourihane all playing together. If Bruce can't get us promoted with these players then he will never get a club promoted again.

There are no excuses for not being promoted this season, and then the FFP restrictions are lifted. If not we only have ourselves to blame.

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

God I hate FFP. We apparently have the 3rd richest owners in the country and we can’t bloody spend big even if we wanted too! 

That's the problem with FFP isn't it, A team like ours last season is different financially to a team like ours this season and that should be taken into consideration by UEFA. As of last season we were struggling financially yet the info didn't come out till after the playoffs, our owner Xia was being quiet about things which didn't  help the situation.  Then this season we have had a major boost where we have two owners that could if they wanted to, buy us the world, het cant. The way FFP is, we are stuck in a zone now, which means that no one can come in and do a man city and spend a few hundred mill.

I still think FFP needs refining still, I don't think it is there yet, it certainly does need to protect teams, yet the gloves should be taken off if owners like our come in and should be given free reign to splash the cash and compete 

15 hours ago, Nabby said:

To be fair the FFP, reading the Birmingham Mail article which quotes the Times article (and thus avoiding the pay wall) they would have got a 6 point deduction as they were £7million down (works on a sliding scale apparently); its because they decided to try and sign the player over the summer when they shouldn't have that seems to be "an aggravating factor":

The Times report: "Under its new guidelines the EFL will demand that clubs who breach the profit and sustainability rules limiting losses to £39 million over a three-year period will be docked 12 points, but with reductions in the punishment available depending on the extent of the breach.

"If the breach is less than £2 million the 12-point tariff would be reduced to three, for example, with the punishment increasing on a sliding scale to the point where no deduction is applied if the breach is greater than £15 million.

"In Birmingham’s case they have been summoned to appear before an independent disciplinary commission for recording a loss of approximately £46 million in the period from 2015-16 to 2017-18, an aggregate breach of £7 million, which under the new formula would lead to them losing six points this season.

"In addition however the club are also at risk of being found guilty of an “aggravated breach” as last month they went ahead with a deal to sign Denmark’s under-21 international Kristian Pedersen despite being under a transfer embargo, which led to the EFL releasing a statement expressing “exceptional disappointment."

"If they are found guilty Birmingham would be docked 15 points, although the final decision will be made by the independent disciplinary commission, who also have the power to fine the club."

Where Villa actually differ is that we appear to have been in open discussions with the EFL about it and decided not to try and go behind their backs... 

Really do from seeing the article I have just seen that we can get some of loss back down. Partly why I think there has been a culling of staff, not just too make villa more efficient, but to bring down wages more. I just hope we don't pick up a points fine, but we mite if the loss doesnt come down.

The difference between is and blues is from all the changes and work going on it looks like aston villa are trying to sort these problems out, where blues look like they are not even bothered, they are really pushing it I'd say..

10 hours ago, KHV said:

We’re paying Bolasie 70k per week so it would seem they don’t

It’s another gamble this season. They are going to drop us right in the shit

Finally someone who sees it as I do.

Only way out is big sales in Jan.

Â