The AVFC FFP thread

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Well after Bruce's comments today about not selling any players, we can safely assume that the owners have a plan to get round FFP, or they are just going to stick two fingers up and spend what they want ?

A little from column A and a little from column B I'd imagine.

I don't think our owners care about FFP and likely have things in the works to mitigate it somewhat, but I also don't see them spending whatever they want either. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NeilS said:

If I have understood the QPR “fine” of £42m, that headline figure is rubbish. Half of that £42m is the EFL making the owners write of £21m of their loans to the club, which is not a fine basically allowing them to plough money in. Have I got that wrong?

You are correct 17m fine 3m EFL costs and the balance 22 is the amount of loans the directors must convert into equity 

the 17+3 is not included in any future FFP - this avoids “double jeopardy” And the fine is payable over 10 years

• Thanks 1

On 27/07/2018 at 07:37, Demitri_C said:

Yeah let's bankrupt the club's! What a mockery

The fine is payable over 10 years and is 17 million.and does not count as expenditure for future FFP purposes

The FFP fine system is just a scam.  

It was and is a terrible crooked idea, one of the very few things I applaud Lerner for is we voted against it and rightfully so.

I hope our new owners treat FFP with the contempt it deserves and just get around it with whatever fig leaf excuses  we need to invent just like PSG or Man City or even Wolves do. 

• Like 3

I think the new owners will be prepared to fight ffp. Some years ago there was talk of Man City going to court. A subsequent fine was that they could have one less player in their Champions League squad, a slap on the wrist really. The authorities, whether they be PL or EFL, don’t want a big public fallout with anyone with power and money and so behind the scenes these things just get sorted out, if you’re big and powerful. I believe that is the way our new owners think and won’t take any nonescence from the EFL or anyone else for that matter. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

You are correct 17m fine 3m EFL costs and the balance 22 is the amount of loans the directors must convert into equity 

the 17+3 is not included in any future FFP - this avoids “double jeopardy” And the fine is payable over 10 years

£20m over ten years, and it doesn’t count towards future FFP calcs? ... what a total farce!

5 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

The FFP fine system is just a scam.  

It was and is a terrible crooked idea, one of the very few things I applaud Lerner for is we voted against it and rightfully so.

I hope our new owners treat FFP with the contempt it deserves and just get around it with whatever fig leaf excuses  we need to invent just like PSG or Man City or even Wolves do. 

So who gets the fine money and where dose it go? 

8 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

If you’re a billionaire, do you really worry about ffp and being fined?

I don't really understand this viewpoint.

Regardless of points deductions which I believe won't be imposed, 4-5 clubs have had transfer embargos put on them in last few years. Our friends across the city have one at this very moment which has disrupted their pre season.

Let's see we compound expectations and are very close to top 2 in January. It would be a bit of a kick in the teeth to then be banned from signing any players unless they're free transfers so suddenly that promotion bid goes up in smoke while likes of Stoke and Boro spend another 20m.

Of course I'm not complaining at keeping Chester and Grealish as we're more likely to have a better season but I'm intrigued as to the dialogue between the new owners and FL.

Maybe there is something in new owners getting six months grace for FFP and we've been given until January to sort it out so we've gambled we'll be in promotion shake up and will then sell one of Chester/Grealish and then wheel and deal a bit in that month.

• Like 2

I think now we can say we won’t be needing to sell our best players,not now or in January.

Our owners aren’t going to be pushed around ,I suspect they have more financial firepower behind them than old levy at Spurs .. 

Clubs trying to rip us off are going to have to look elsewhere. 

Times are changing and for the better. UTV.

Looking forward to the season now!

Edited by richp999

Whose has transfer embargo’s? I don’t fully understand the ramifications of falling foul of FFP, someone said it was a 17 million pound fine which if is the case then that’s pittance to 2 multi billionaires, but like I said I don’t really understand the ramifications of it all. 

It used to be fines only.. now can be fines,transfer embargo and/or points deductions .. Also can be chased for it if you get promoted to pl, but don’t worry,I think we have it under control

44 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Whose has transfer embargo’s? I don’t fully understand the ramifications of falling foul of FFP, someone said it was a 17 million pound fine which if is the case then that’s pittance to 2 multi billionaires, but like I said I don’t really understand the ramifications of it all. 

The 17 mill was specific to QPR. The reason the QPR decision seems so weak is that EFL are thought to be more interested in helping teams return to FFP compliance than in punitive actions. This of course could be a reflection of their realization that it’s all a crock of shit and their position may be rather weak.

Is this true we were under a transfer embargo due to FFP

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/29/aston-villa-want-ben-woodburn-loan-liverpool-transfer-embargo/

Aston Villa want Ben Woodburn on loan from Liverpool as transfer embargo is lifted

29 July 2018 • 4:04pm

Steve Bruce has launched a bid to sign Liverpool’s Ben Woodburn on loan, with the Wales international set to be withdrawn from Jurgen Klopp’s training camp in France.

Aston Villa are in talks with Liverpool over a deal to take Woodburn for the season after a transfer embargo on the Midlands club was lifted.

Telegraph Sport can reveal that Villa had been operating under an embargo imposed by the Football League amid their cash crisis under former chairman Dr Tony Xia.

But new Villa owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens have since provided the EFL with assurances over future funding and the Championship club are now free to make new signings this week.

Villa have made contact with Liverpool over a loan deal for Woodburn, the 18-year-old attacker, and are understood to be the favourites to sign him.

Liverpool fly out to a training camp in Evian on Monday but Woodburn is not travelling with the squad and his future will be decided before the weekend.

Edited by tismyk

If were under a transtar embargo and now it's been lifted. The question is how has it been lifted? The article states the efl have met with our owners have assurances its all under control. Now if grealish and co are not for sale how are we going about the 40m black hole that is supposedly imposed on us? 

These guys must have a plan

FFP on the whole is just there to ensure that the big clubs stay big & nobody else can get near them.

This year AC Milan Were banned from the Europa league for breaching FFP but the Court of Arbitration for sport told UEFA bollocks and reinstated them.

Bournemouth were fined 7.5 million for breaching FFP getting promoted to the prem but they only paid 4.75 million after negotiating it down, Leicester spent about 20 million more than they should have to get promoted and were fined 3.1 million.

PSG average crowds of 45,000 in a league that has no real money or expensive TV deals yet are able to spend 350 million on Neymar & Mbappe in less than 12 months and that's without having to actually pay Neymar another 40 million per year to play. The last 2 years alone they have a net spend of 265 million on players. There is no possible way that the club can actually even earn anywhere near that legitimately yet the FFP investigation against them was mysteriously closed as everything was ok...

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 3

Â