The AVFC FFP thread

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So without any further ado that's £2mill from Gil, £3.5 from Traore, say a few mill more from Talk Talk deal - that's best part of £10 mill - this FFP hole fills itself. 

Unless Tony has already spent it......

Not been on here for a fair while but been keen to see if there was any more news today. I really don't see why everyone is so bothered about the ffp still. There are very easy ways to get around it almost immediately with two new very wealthy owners in place. 

They both own or are part of a lot of different companies so very easy to plough money into the club legitimately. Training ground sponsorship, training kit sponsorship, naming rights to anything they want to put a name to etc. Etc. Etc. So almost overnight the club can legitimately gain a very large injection of cash so our annual turnover figures go through the roof.

Many other teams have done it to balance the books so why can't we? £500 million naming rights to the new coffee machine and bobs your uncle.

Maybe I'm being naive but haven't we virtually covered FFP?

10m from loan and contract departures (snoddy, Terry etc) 

3m adama sale

2m talk talk deal

At least 5m from player sales that Tony advanced 

7m potential ground and training sponsorship 

That's 27m and there are still other partnerships and sponsorships that would go a long way to meeting ffp. 

I don't know where people are getting £2m from Talk Talk.  It's probably more like £100k and we will need to do lots and lots of these kinds of deals.  They are the gravy to the meat and vedge of a stadium sponsor.

• Like 1

I read that Edens was big on getting the locals to cough up some money for the Bucks new arena. I imagine they will try similar to get sponsors to boost our FFP. 

If the £40m figure is correct, I make it:

-£500k Johnstone loan return (£10k per week)

-£3.5m Golini sale and wages

-£500k Hutton Wage drop (£10k per week)

-£500k Samba released (£10k per week)

-£2.5m Terry released (£50k per week)

-£1m Snodgrass loan return (£20k per week)

-£2m Gil sale and wages

-£500k Grabbon loan return (£10k per week)

-£2.5m Gabby released (£50k per week)

-£3.5m Amada sell on clause

-£3m Shirt/Training shirt sponsorship 

All guestimates obviously but that's about £20m off the bill there leaving £20m

Add in potential money from Stadium sponsor, shirt sleeve sponsor, Veretout sell on clause (linked with £15-20m move), Jedi linked with a move away and a couple of other deals and surely we'd be getting close to the £40m mark?

14 hours ago, villashrew said:

Not been on here for a fair while but been keen to see if there was any more news today. I really don't see why everyone is so bothered about the ffp still. There are very easy ways to get around it almost immediately with two new very wealthy owners in place. 

They both own or are part of a lot of different companies so very easy to plough money into the club legitimately. Training ground sponsorship, training kit sponsorship, naming rights to anything they want to put a name to etc. Etc. Etc. So almost overnight the club can legitimately gain a very large injection of cash so our annual turnover figures go through the roof.

Many other teams have done it to balance the books so why can't we? £500 million naming rights to the new coffee machine and bobs your uncle.

Who are the many others who have done this?

I think people are getting a bit carried away here...

• As we have already mentioned the sponsorship of any part of Villa has to be in context with the market, we can't just sponsor Villa Park for 500 million.
  • The TalkTalk deal as mentioned is probably less than half a million, I don't know where 2 million has come from.
  • The FFP outstanding is around the 30 million mark, I believe this is after players leaving, loans returning, new shirt sponsorship etc.
  • Selling shares... unless i'm mistaken shares dont count towards FFP.

In saying this there are ways around FFP, and I'm sure our owners are looking into every angle of it. But I would imagine we will see a couple of players leave in the next week before bringing in loans or frees.

• Like 1

How will the HS2 training ground compo affect FFP? I guess we can account for it in this period, unless we have already had it and accounted for it?

Howard Hodgson asked Luke Organ about getting sponsorship through naming the stadium. He said it's some what of a closed shop now, and the maximum you're allowed to recieve is 4 million a yr which isn't worth it, considering you'd lose a historic name such as villa park. 

4 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Howard Hodgson asked Luke Organ about getting sponsorship through naming the stadium. He said it's some what of a closed shop now, and the maximum you're allowed to recieve is 4 million a yr which isn't worth it, considering you'd lose a historic name such as villa park. 

It would have paid the wages for a month!

5 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

TBF this is a bit like an outsider asking yesterday's man to forecast the future.

16 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

I don't think ANYONE in this league would turn their nose up at £4m per year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I don't think ANYONE in this league would turn their nose up at £4m per year.

True but I think the question was more would it fix FFP for us, and no it would be miles off. I'm not sure I'd want to lose villa park unless it was for a massive sum.

11 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

True but I think the question was more would it fix FFP for us, and no it would be miles off. I'm not sure I'd want to lose villa park unless it was for a massive sum.

Well if a company signed a 10 year naming rights deal @ £4m a year and paid the money upfront then surely that would help the accounts.

24 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Well if a company signed a 10 year naming rights deal @ £4m a year and paid the money upfront then surely that would help the accounts.

Yep could well do. I'm not sure how it works, whether you can only use the yearly amount or the lump sum against FFP 

58 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

That's completely missing the point.  You do £4m for this, £500k for each stand, £100k for Talk Talk, £100k each for dozens of other "official partners".  It all starts to add up

There is no magic bullet that is going to earn us £40m, but £4m would be a big big chunk of what we need to do. 

4 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Just do it for a year's deal.  £4-5m in for FFP.  If we go up (LOL) either get a new deal for more / forget about it as we're in the money.  If we stay down do it again if needed, if back in shape don't bother.  It doesn't have to mean losing Villa Park forever.  I'd take that over, say, selling Chester.

Â