The AVFC FFP thread

18 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

If you’re a billionaire, do you really worry about ffp and being fined?

Probably, that's how they became billionaires.

There is a right way to run a business and we are not in the position to go squandering good money chasing after bad.....we have learnt that lesson.

We need to be prudent and cautious....loan deals are fine,right now allied to our promising kids and some already established seasoned pro's......sounds fine to me.

I hope our owners buy players when we are reasonably sure of their quality and when the time is right for the club.

I am not looking for our owners to go silly....just allow us the liquidity to trade.....oh and pay the electric bill.

I want us to eventually be self sufficient within reason.....thats how Billionaires stay Interested.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Whose has transfer embargo’s? I don’t fully understand the ramifications of falling foul of FFP, someone said it was a 17 million pound fine which if is the case then that’s pittance to 2 multi billionaires, but like I said I don’t really understand the ramifications of it all. 

SHA have one....they can't play that Pedersen guy they signed in official games as he isn't registered. Apparently he played well in their friendly yesterday so obviously not playing a good LB is a blow to them (was talk in the People today Derby want to take him on loan).

Forest,Leeds, Blackburn and Bolton all had transfer bans in recent times. Two of those relegated. None have been promoted to the premier league.

If you get an embargo you can only sign free transfers or very cheap loanees so very tough to get promoted unless you're managed by Warnock.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34996365

Blackburn Rovers can buy players again after their transfer embargo for breaking Financial Fair Play rules was lifted by the Football League.

The Lancashire side, along with Leeds and Nottingham Forest, were placed under the embargo in December 2014.

It means Rovers will be able to sign players for a fee when the January transfer window opens.

Blackburn had it for a whole year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30478833

In addition:

• Clubs under an FFP embargo will be permitted to sign a goalkeeper on an emergency basis, in line with existing regulations.
  • Clubs under an FFP embargo will not be permitted to pay transfer fees or compensation fees for professional players.
  • Clubs under an FFP embargo will not be permitted to pay a loan fee to another club, they may only pay the player's wage, or a contribution towards it.
  • For incoming players, clubs can only pay agents' fees as a benefit in kind to the player in question, as long as they do not exceed the £600,000 employee costs limit.

Those were some of the restrictions a few years back so if the punishments have been made more harsher since....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If were under a transtar embargo and now it's been lifted. The question is how has it been lifted? The article states the efl have met with our owners have assurances its all under control. Now if grealish and co are not for sale how are we going about the 40m black hole that is supposedly imposed on us? 

These guys must have a plan

Something must have changed in last week for our stance now to be we don't want to sell any key players.

No way are we raising 20m from just selling squad players.

My guess is there could be something in that rumour new owners get period to settle in and work out ways to improve our financial situation so guess situation will be re-examined in January and we'll keep likes of Grealish and Chester until then and hopefully be in top 6.

6 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Whose has transfer embargo’s? I don’t fully understand the ramifications of falling foul of FFP, someone said it was a 17 million pound fine which if is the case then that’s pittance to 2 multi billionaires, but like I said I don’t really understand the ramifications of it all. 

No disrespect, but I think if you're going on that line I think you might be very disappointed.

They haven't come to us to be flippant with cash....Guys like them want a business to run properly.....17 million is C 50% of their current investment or what they have put in each...just to give it some perspective.

I don't think we are about to become a Man City any time soon, if at all.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, TRO said:

No disrespect, but I think if you're going on that line I think you might be very disappointed.

They haven't come to us to be flippant with cash....Guys like them want a business to run properly.....17 million is C 50% of their current investment or what they have put in each...just to give it some perspective.

I don't think we are about to become a Man City any time soon, if at all.

I’m not saying that’s the way we should go about it, however if there was a gamble to be made with spending money and getting to the premier league then the 17 million fine would be pittance.

Obviously we all want prudent owners who don’t gamble with the clubs existence, but before I knew about embargo’s and the rest, that 17 million is nothing to these guys if they wanted to break the rules.

Edited by Tommo_b

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

SHA have one....they can't play that Pedersen guy they signed in official games as he isn't registered. Apparently he played well in their friendly yesterday so obviously not playing a good LB is a blow to them (was talk in the People today Derby want to take him on loan).

:crylaugh:We need another left back, we really ought to go poach him. That would be epic trolling to snap up one of their better would-be players. Now we are in the Man City/Chelsea-rich-as-Croesus-owners class, we can start taking players away from other teams to weaken them. Now, I know that the filth aren't positional rivals, but we can do it for the lulz anyway. :trollface:

When we go up next year we can start enticing Spurs players away. And some from the Dogheads.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Whilst I think you’re generally correct in your thinking about successful business people, I don’t think these guys have come in without the realisation that they need to invest. Of course how they invest, is hopefully the difference between them and the previous two owners. I do get the feeling though, that they won’t be prepared to have their plans stymied by officialdom and whilst they may not take a bull in a china shop approach, I think their attitude to ffp will be “robust”. 

Hopefully and early impressions are good, they will approach this problem, and every other aspect of running the club, with intelligence, nous and a can do attitude. And by “can do” I don’t mean emoji laden promises of world domination and a funfair by a week on Tuesday. I’m pretty sure they will find a way to work with ffp, but won’t be particularly governed by it. Otherwise what is the point in them being involved if they don’t believe they can use their undoubtable financial muscle?

Yep, a bit more boring that I would like, but this is there or thereabouts.

10 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

I’m not saying that’s the way we should go about it, however if there was a gamble to be made with spending money and getting to the premier league then the 17 million fine would be pittance.

Obviously we all want prudent owners who don’t gamble with the clubs existence, but before I knew about embargo’s and the rest, that 17 million is nothing to these guys if they wanted to break the rules.

Maybe not but what about a points deduction? Or being removed from the automatic promotion/play off spots? 

These are both punishments that can now be used. 

• Like 3

Really confused with whats happening with FFP now - as the new owners don't seem to be concerned:- 

Scenario's 

1.It never was an issue and Xia was hiding behind it because he was skint

2.Its believed not be an issue - but the new owners haven't understood the garvity of it

3.It is still an issue - but the new owners are playing brinkmanship - knowing or secretly hoping that a big bid comes in for grealish

4.It is an issue - but not yet  

5.The new owners have put a plan to EFL to reduce our losses 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Really confused with whats happening with FFP now - as the new owners don't seem to be concerned:- 

Scenario's 

1.It never was an issue and Xia was hiding behind it because he was skint

2.Its believed not be an issue - but the new owners haven't understood the garvity of it

3.It is still an issue - but the new owners are playing brinkmanship - knowing or secretly hoping that a big bid comes in for grealish

4.It is an issue - but not yet  

5.The new owners have put a plan to EFL to reduce our losses 

6. We are billionaires and we don't care about FFP

• Like 3

Just now, wilko154 said:

6. We are billionaires and we don't care about FFP

There is that - But I can't imagine even a billionaire swallowing a £45m QPR type fine - thats £45m into thin air ! 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

There is that - But I can't imagine even a billionaire swallowing a £45m QPR type fine - thats £45m into thin air ! 

Depends how you look at it.

If they were say , holding on to our best players to see where we are come January.

If we're top and on course for the prem we will take the hit as it would be worth the holding on to the better players. Or if we are flowndering then Jan might be the time to sell. 

Just remember that FFP punishment now can include banning promotion and also elimination from play-offs so 4 would be stupid and these guys are not stupid so ..... I'm hoping it is 5 !!!

Edited by Paul33

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

Just remember that FFP punishment now can include banning promotion and also elimination from play-offs so 4 would be stupid and these guys are not stupid so ..... I'm hoping it is 5 !!!

They can't "ban promotion", they can concoct a points deduction punishment to stop us going up but can't just say "congratulations on the championship but  you're not promoted", to suggest it, is scaremongering of the highest order mate.

Â