The AVFC FFP thread

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I feel dirty but I took a butchers at the Man Ure website to see what "partners" they have got.  They have got bucket loads including some really random ones. 

We've got about 7 official partners.  New owners need to sign deal after deal after deal for official partners. For certain we need to see an official cement supplier to Aston Villa Football Club. 

thats why i think its interesting the bucks new stadium has 4 partners attached to it already but no actual naming rights deal in place

name the stadium, name each stand individually, name all the suite, sponsor the statues outside

im not trusting our new overlords until we have an official tractor engine partner paying us £2m a year

36 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I feel dirty but I took a butchers at the Man Ure website to see what "partners" they have got.  They have got bucket loads including some really random ones. 

We've got about 7 official partners.  New owners need to sign deal after deal after deal for official partners. For certain we need to see an official cement supplier to Aston Villa Football Club. 

You mean a certain Swiss cement production company for say circa £300m. That would be nice wouldn't it? ?

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

thats why i think its interesting the bucks new stadium has 4 partners attached to it already but no actual naming rights deal in place

name the stadium, name each stand individually, name all the suite, sponsor the statues outside

im not trusting our new overlords until we have an official tractor engine partner paying us £2m a year

I see it here in Canada. Everything is sponsored or named. The new owners aren't stupid. I think we saw a little bit more of us gaining partners with the Dr. But now it should be ramped up a bit more with the new owners. Though with us being in the Championship we may not have the pulling power as much as we'd like. But I agree with the naming of the stands or even the club shop etc. Sponsor that crap!! Head and Shoulders as our official shampoo!?!?

2 minutes ago, London Villa said:

I'm convinced that if we just showed the EFL some of our players contracts they'd tell us to register as a charity and forget all about any sanctions

To be fair over the years we have become pretty much a home for the waifs and strays of the football world.  we should actually be paid for our services really.

The Bodymoor Heath stray footballer shelter.

We bath them, feed them, pay them, let them run around and play in the pastures and then we give em away for free.

We even pay you to take them off our hands!

• Like 1

the bottom line is how can the new owners invest in the playing side of staff, 

rename VP?

by the look of things their very little point having 3rd richest owners unless the team is on the same page as the owners,how they are going to swerve the speed bumps that are laid by the league is tricky 

19 hours ago, sidcow said:

1 down 48 to go

24 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

the bottom line is how can the new owners invest in the playing side of staff, 

rename VP?

by the look of things their very little point having 3rd richest owners unless the team is on the same page as the owners,how they are going to swerve the speed bumps that are laid by the league is tricky 

The new owners can rename VP, but as it stands in our predicament it'll only be worth £4-5 million per season. It's definitely a plan that would be more effective in the Premier League. 

I am no finance expert and probably talking shit but what about this they eventually buy out The Doc and they then offer a share option to raise 40 million to see off FFP? They value the club at say 200 million so don't lose their ability to do what needs to be done.  

When we get promoted the club becomes 400 million and they buy back the shares at double the price. 

Or they offer 10/20 year season tickets to raise the cash.

Sponsor anything over ten years all money up front.

There has to be loads of ways to get money in without selling all the best players. Whilst adding money to spend on new ones.

Sorry just want to get excited but FFP always seems to get in the way!

We all have to comply with FFP rules, which may or may not stink, depending on how much you want to comply with the rules, can operate within the rules because you have no ambition to finish higher than tenth in the Championship, have a stadium capacity of less than 15k, or whinge about how the rules are not fair. I would be interested to understand how 'legal' these rules are when they clearly seem to be a restriction on trade, which I would have thought would be illegal under European or even British business law?

It's pretty pointless to us in the most minimalist of senses to even have an owner worth more than 500m pounds, if none of that money can actually be spent on moving forward. We seem to be hamstrung right now of even standing still. What is the point of having investors/owners who would technically be the 3rd richest in the whole football pyramid of England and Wales?

What gives?

28 minutes ago, omariqy said:

What assets can we sell apart from players that could generate revenue? 

The training ground, the car parks, any land we have, some intellectual properties, brand stuff, advertising rights, catering rights, all sorts of things really - none of which we'd really want to sell.

This should help the FFP,

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/25/report-wolves-match-adama-traores-18m-buyout-clause-aston-villa/

£18m buyout clause, Aston Villa poised to profit

The former Aston Villa winger looks set to sign for Wolverhampton Wanderers from Middlesbrough.

Adama Traore of Middlesbrough celebrates scoring his side's third goal during the Sky Bet Championship match between Queens Park Rangers and Middlesbrough at Loftus Road on January 20,...

Wolverhampton Wanderers have matched Adama Traore's buyout clause, with Aston Villa poised to profit from any transfer to Molineux, according to the Sun.

The newspaper reports the Middlesbrough winger can speak to any club that agrees to pay an up front fee of £18 million for his services, which Wolves now have.

Â