Matty Cash

paul514

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It's an interesting one.... I saw a lot of him in his early days at Forest when he was playing midfield and used to say to my mate who is a Forest fan that he would be a better RB, he never agreed. Obviously he ended up making the move there and it suits him, he has great energy and is very attacking as you'd expect from a former midfield. I'm not quite sure how that would work in a side set up like ours and I'm not sure about him defensively at PL level.

My lad was with Forest for a while so I used to see Cash at the training ground and he is a good guy, committed to the game if a little flash.

He wouldn't be my first pick for a RB this summer, that would be Aarons who is I think much better but he is a good player and I can see why we are interested.

I don't believe he was actively seeking a move and I'm not convinced Forest are eager to sell one of their best players, they don't need the money.

I wonder how much Aarons would have cost. And if we were actually in for him. At say 5mill more, would of been a no brainer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Does that mean it's legit? Is it that hard to edit or make a fake text message and claim its a screenshot?

This guy, who claims to be trying to become a journalist, gets info no one else is breaking and doesn't share it until the national press start reporting an interest. 

Seems like utter bullshit looking for attention. 

Of course it doesn't mean it's legit. Just pointing out how it appears in the image shared on here. 

If it is just another fake, they'll soon get rumbled. 

• Like 1

Just now, SeanVilla said:

I wonder how much Aarons would have cost. And if we were actually in for him. At say 5mill more, would of been a no brainer.

Who knows... the figure of £20m was banded around but I think he would be more than that and I can see him getting a better move, the lads quality.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Does that mean it's legit? Is it that hard to edit or make a fake text message and claim its a screenshot?

This guy, who claims to be trying to become a journalist, gets info no one else is breaking and doesn't share it until the national press start reporting an interest. 

Seems like utter bullshit looking for attention. 

Just sharing what I saw. Take it or leave it. I’m as sceptical as the next guy about Twitter ITK but this one seemed to land for him. I’m sure it’ll soon dry up for him. 

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Who knows... the figure of £20m was banded around but I think he would be more than that and I can see him getting a better move, the lads quality.

Agreed, maybe he'll go Wolves now Doherty has left. Would fit perfect in their wing back system. Hope it's not too long till we can start making signings like Aarons.

Just stump up the asking price. Get him signed. Give a 5 year deal and get a striker in.

Top player. Young. English. Pacey. Engine. Workaholic. Technically sound.

Stop pissing about with tentative bids and just slap our cock on the table and get the deal done. For **** sake 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I hope this is the start of a number of potential signings but jeez a right back as our first signing with info that Watkins should sign next week.  This is going to be a disappointing window isnt it.  Just all feels uninspiring!!! 37m-ish for two players and I feel underwhelmed by them. 

Exactly how I feel. Ollie Watkins and Matty Cash, not sure how I'm going to contain myself with the excitement 🙄

I honestly think Smith just cannot attract the players. It's why he goes back to his old club to buy players, most high calibre managers don't do that because they don't need to.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Just stump up the asking price. Get him signed. Give a 5 year deal and get a striker in.

Stop pissing about with tentative bids and just slap our cock on the table and get the deal done. For **** sake 

Very easy to say when it's not your millions. You cant over pay else it will become every clubs expectation. 

5 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Agreed, maybe he'll go Wolves now Doherty has left. Would fit perfect in their wing back system. Hope it's not too long till we can start making signings like Aarons.

£15m for Doherty is a bargain. Absolutely no idea why they're giving a rival a player at that price, regardless of who's lined up to replace him. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I honestly think Smith just cannot attract the players. It's why he goes back to his old club to buy players, most high calibre managers don't do that because they don't need to.

I think it's more about that the players we are after are of such calibre that teams playing in Europe also are after them. 

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Exactly how I feel. Ollie Watkins and Matty Cash, not sure how I'm going to contain myself with the excitement 🙄

What a load of nonsense. 

I can see exactly what Smith is trying to do. Young, energetic English players which will form good squad cohesion. Players like Watkins and Cash will run all day and give 110%.

Throw in the flair of Grealish and a couple of other Flair players in the final third and it’s a great mix. 

Its a far cry from spending big money on random African players from the Belgian league. And I like it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

4d312h.jpg

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I don't think you've grasped how the club conduct transfers now. 

Dean Smith does not choose all the players we go for. 

5 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

God how childish these twitter ppl are, grown up men acting like teenagers.

To be fair to Jake, although he's the most annoying person on Villa twitter, he's only 18. He looks about 30 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â