Matty Cash

paul514

19 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Probably not the best at reading these, but doesn't Elmo have the highest Attacking Output at 92? 

Yes. This is a result of Elmo's contributions with his crosses, etc. He had a larger impact there, but attacking output is basically just a summation of xG and xA, which are both important, but don't tell the entire picture.

When you look to the radar chart to the right (the * looking thing), you see that Cash is a much better shooter, similar receiving the ball in the box, and a better dribbler. Also, we see that he's better in ground duels (one on ones against defenders) while in possession (which is expected considering his higher rating as a dribbler). On the far right in the shooting ratings, we see that Cash is a 77 on non-headers in open play. Elmo didn't even qualify for a rating. This is likely due to Cash taking 44 shots last season (10 on target) while Elmo only took 5 (1 on target).

In other words, Cash is better on the ball and a lot more aggressive with shots than Elmo. 

Also, I should mention that 50 is average. So any number higher is above average, etc.

Edited by VillaHatesMe

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

That tweet was from just over an hour ago. When the reports were coming out. 

If he had that info Thursday night why would he share it after other news outlets reported our interest. 

The tweet is from today but the screenshot is from Thursday. 

Also we do have more pressing needs but if we have the chance to upgrade at a reasonable price in any position then we should take advantage of that. I like Elmo but he's not getting any younger, I like Gilbert but he can be erratic at times with his positioning. Absolutely no problem in bringing someone with loads of years in the tank who can contribute in a number of ways. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Wasn't expecting a right back to be our first signing

Call yourself a Villa fan? 

You can never have enough right backs, well for 60 mins before Milner has a go. 

5 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

The tweet is from today but the screenshot is from Thursday. 

Does that mean it's legit? Is it that hard to edit or make a fake text message and claim its a screenshot?

This guy, who claims to be trying to become a journalist, gets info no one else is breaking and doesn't share it until the national press start reporting an interest. 

Seems like utter bullshit looking for attention. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Yes. This is a result of Elmo's contributions with his crosses, etc. He had a larger impact there, but attacking output is basically just a summation of xG and xA, which are both important, but don't tell the entire picture.

When you look to the radar chart to the right (the * looking thing), you see that Cash is a much better shooter, similar receiving the ball in the box, and a better dribbler. Also, we see that he's better in ground duels (one on ones against defenders) while in possession (which is expected considering his higher rating as a dribbler). On the far right in the shooting ratings, we see that Cash is a 77 on non-headers in open play. Elmo didn't even qualify for a rating. This is likely due to Cash taking 44 shots last season (10 on target) while Elmo only took 5 (1 on target).

In other words, Cash is better on the ball and a lot more aggressive with shots than Elmo. 

Also, I should mention that 50 is average. So any number higher is above average, etc.

Think it's hard to make a comparison, when Cash has played 3 and half times more mins than Elmo did (3500mins compared to 1000mins) in a much lower standard of league. Oh well I had hoped we'd spend the 15mill on a position more needed but it would break our tradition of buying a RB every single year (Hutton, Elmo, Bree Guilbert, now Cash) 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

It's an interesting one.... I saw a lot of him in his early days at Forest when he was playing midfield and used to say to my mate who is a Forest fan that he would be a better RB, he never agreed. Obviously he ended up making the move there and it suits him, he has great energy and is very attacking as you'd expect from a former midfield. I'm not quite sure how that would work in a side set up like ours and I'm not sure about him defensively at PL level.

My lad was with Forest for a while so I used to see Cash at the training ground and he is a good guy, committed to the game if a little flash.

He wouldn't be my first pick for a RB this summer, that would be Aarons who is I think much better but he is a good player and I can see why we are interested.

I don't believe he was actively seeking a move and I'm not convinced Forest are eager to sell one of their best players, they don't need the money.

So he’s brilliant then. Cheers. 

• Haha 2

I hope this is the start of a number of potential signings but jeez a right back as our first signing with info that Watkins should sign next week.  This is going to be a disappointing window isnt it.  Just all feels uninspiring!!! 37m-ish for two players and I feel underwhelmed by them. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Does that mean it's legit? Is it that hard to edit or make a fake text message and claim its a screenshot?

This guy, who claims to be trying to become a journalist, gets info no one else is breaking and doesn't share it until the national press start reporting an interest. 

Seems like utter bullshit looking for attention. 

He's full of it. This doesn't even make sense. You're not ITK if you have to wait for someone who's ITK to confirm something 😂

• Like 1

Â