Matty Cash

paul514

I watched Forest a few times last season and the season before, he's much better as a right-back from what I saw, somehow seems to be more affective attacking wise from that position. In a way he's similar to Watkins in that sense, changed position last season and improved dramatically as a result.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Who do you want to sign with PL experience? 

Maybe someone like clyne. I know he older but better than what we have.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

No - but we aren't shipping them in from unknown league's across the other side of the world either.

Yeah true

1 minute ago, useless said:

I watched Forest a few times last season and the season before, he's much better as a right-back from what I saw, somehow seems to be more affective attacking wise from that position. In a way he's similar to Watkins in that sense, changed position last season and improved dramatically as a result.

It's because he seems to go well with Lolley playing RW in front of him. Lolley is left footed so loves to cut inside, which creates space for Cash to move into. If we can sign a left footed RW, it would make Cash an even better signing. I think he's easily PL class.

6 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Anyone watch Forest regularly?

What kind of player is he?

Tenacious and energetic. He works really well with Lolley as Lolley cuts in and gives him the space to get forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

It's because he seems to go well with Lolley playing RW in front of him. Lolley is left footed so loves to cut inside, which creates space for Cash to move into. If we can sign a left footed RW, it would make Cash an even better signing. I think he's easily PL class.

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Tenacious and energetic. He works really well with Lolley as Lolley cuts in and gives him the space to get forward.

Same minds eh!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Based on this it looks like Elmo would be the odd man out. Cash brings slightly more in attack than Elmo, and while Fred has shown to be a better defender so far, Cash is much better than Elmo there.

Right Backs.jpg

Don’t know what any of this means but let’s not forget the leagues they played in.

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Cash scores goals which is good.  But i am concerned again we dont seem to be linked with many players with premier league experience 

Its essential we dont have another season like last

To be fair, last season was like 2 seasons in one. Everyone in the squad is now a seasoned premier league pro, so I'm not that fussed about signing premier league experience for the hell of it.

Our worst player last year was our most experienced (Drinkwater) and in the championship our worst player was also an experienced pro (McCorcack)

• Like 1

I think this is similar to the Targett signing, but probably more of a gamble as he's never played in the Prem. Plus Targett is far more technically sound.

It's OK, but expensive.

Fred G was signed as a Championship player and I think he'd look very very good in that league.

Sorry to start a height thing. Listed as 6' 1" plenty of places. Pretty sure he isn't that tall.

8 hours ago, Junxs said:

Anyone watch Forest regularly?

What kind of player is he?

i beleive (from my limited knowledge), he is technically a right midfielder who has converted to a right back. (or a right back who has played a fair bit at right midfield)

He's reasonably technical and decent on the ball, but from what i have seen he can let the ball get away from him a bit at times, but he has a lot of energy and can get up top and back easily enough.

He seems quite direct and willing to progress the ball by running 20 yds or so, he also has a decent cross on him and seems to pick decent overlap balls etc.

he is reasonably quick, certainly not slow but also not a whippit, but he progresses the ball well.

He kind of looks like a well balanced modern full back who still needs some development, if he continues to develop he could be a really good and rounded full back.

also, hes just over 6ft (if thats relevant)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â