Matty Cash

paul514

Just now, TRO said:

I am a tad surprised you wrote that, because I know how passionate you are about our team and your glass is always half full.

but I applaud you for having the conkers to say it.....Like you sheepy, I don't know whats wrong, I can only offer suggestions.

I too, hope Unai is able to rediscover our earlier season form.....I am absolutely certain, he can see the flaws, whether he can rectify them, so soon, I am not sure...fingers crossed.

UTV

I'm always optimistic when it comes to the game, but I can't abide performances like I witnessed Wednesday night. Abysmal, to a man. Games are there to be won, not taken for granted.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm always optimistic when it comes to the game, but I can't abide performances like I witnessed Wednesday night. Abysmal, to a man. Games are there to be won, not taken for granted.

Bravo.

He's just a terrible defender. Backs off too much, let's them run. If he commits, he rarely makes the tackle and his positioning is all over the place.

Going forward, he's been ineffective or worse for a long time. He looks like a Championship player tbh.

I am a big Cash critic but he was good today. Maybe he could have been stronger for their winner but he certainly had a more positive game than other recent performances.

12 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

He's just a terrible defender. Backs off too much, let's them run. If he commits, he rarely makes the tackle and his positioning is all over the place.

Going forward, he's been ineffective or worse for a long time. He looks like a Championship player tbh.

He’s shit. KKH is much better going forward. 

Thought he had a really good game myself.  Did well against Rashford and supported the attack well and put one on a plate for Watkins who I can't hit it straight at the keeper 

He’s a right back, his main job is to defend, and he failed at that multiple times, and then finally for the winner. Really good game, Christ. 

He was ok but still a weak link in this system. Lost a lot of battles, picked up a yellow and then all he could do was back off. Lucky they took Rashford off and they didn't really make the most of their chances from down his side but on another day they could have a few from them attacks.

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He’s a right back, his main job is to defend, and he failed at that multiple times, and then finally for the winner. Really good game, Christ. 

I mean he did have a pretty good game. Not the first or last time McTominay will win it in the box over better defenders. That Diego and Lenglet are incapable of clearing a header is a bigger error. 

Set up a good amount of chances, actually used the ball and his passes well and defended many a long diagonals to him. 

I know you don’t like him but hardly a bad game from him and actually one of his better ones. 

IMO he remains the weak link in our defence when all the defenders are available.

When they are not available he arguably stands out as the weak link even more.

In general play he did fairly well today I thought but got skinned by Rashford and also looked at fault for the decisive goal again.

Devoid of any confidence. Spends way too long on the ball every time he gets it, has no idea what to do and panics. I do feel a bit sorry for him in a footballing sense, because we've grown so quickly as a club and he's been left behind, and he arguably wouldn't playing anyway if Konsa was fit.

He's not good enough, and I think he knows it. But we've not really got any other choice than to play him.

Â