Matty Cash

paul514

8 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

If a player becomes available, is attainable and can make the team better - you go for it. 

How are we sure he's going to be better than Gulibert or AEM out of interest? I know we have 0% chance of signing him but you'd know Kieran Tripper would make us better given he was one of best full backs at last world cup and played 40 + games for Atletico Madrid this season.

Gulibert had similar pedigree in ligue 2 for Caen and then played in top division for a season before we signed him. Had some good games last season and also some shockers. AEM vastly experienced in championship and a good steady pro to have around even at this level.

I imagine he'll probably have similar impact to Konsa, come in play a few games, go out of the team and then hopefully look better in last few months of the season.

Curious how good a one v one defender he is. Saw highlights of Forest's final game v Stoke when they collapsed and they conceded a couple of goals from Stoke's wide players running at them although can't be sure if it came from Cash's side.

He played in a very defensively rigid team down there so will be a challenge for him to step up and also play in more open style of play.

• Like 1

Welcome! I’ve spent a few years living in Nottingham and know how highly rated he is by many fans (not all...but I guess there aren’t many players immune to critics!). Personally I still think Guilbert has real potential, and do wonder if he we might see him fighting for a left back spot with targett too. Seem to remember he played on both sides of defence for Caen..

Edited by randy_69

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Blah signing, hope he does well.  Not overly inspiring, not in a position that was priority and not a signing that materially improves our starting XI but welcome anyway...

So very sorry. The club will try it's best to deliver Messi for you by the close of business.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Praise be. Purslow actually meets an asking price. Well done. 

what a strange comment. 

I'd hope Purslow didn't meet the asking price, and haggled them down every penny, leaving more cash available to spend on other players!

• Like 1

Just now, ender4 said:

what a strange comment. 

I'd hope Purslow didn't meet the asking price, and haggled them down every penny, leaving more cash available to spend on other players!

Been widely reported all summer he was available to the price we took a month to meet.

Anyways - I like this signing, I like it a lot. Top top playa!

• Like 1

From what I’ve seen and heard about him he looks like he’ll be a useful player for us. He’s not prime Lahm but still young enough to keep developing. Like all signings, I’ll reserve full judgment until I’ve seen him play for a season. Tempting as it is to moan about it being a rubbish signing/too much money/no ambition, etc...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

How are we sure he's going to be better than Gulibert or AEM out of interest? I know we have 0% chance of signing him but you'd know Kieran Tripper would make us better given he was one of best full backs at last world cup and played 40 + games for Atletico Madrid this season.

Gulibert had similar pedigree in ligue 2 for Caen and then played in top division for a season before we signed him. Had some good games last season and also some shockers. AEM vastly experienced in championship and a good steady pro to have around even at this level.

I imagine he'll probably have similar impact to Konsa, come in play a few games, go out of the team and then hopefully look better in last few months of the season.

Curious how good a one v one defender he is. Saw highlights of Forest's final game v Stoke when they collapsed and they conceded a couple of goals from Stoke's wide players running at them although can't be sure if it came from Cash's side.

He played in a very defensively rigid team down there so will be a challenge for him to step up and also play in more open style of play.

Just from what ive seen of him. Every transfer is a punt. It really is. This place was creaming itself when we paid 20 million for Wesley. My opinion of Guilbert ? His fitness and conditioning look poor - sometimes the individual just can't get to the level required in those departments when you come to the PL from a bottom club in ligue 1. He's been blowing out his arse after an hour of every game. Positionally he isn't wonderful and the overlap going forward is telegraphed and kinda all he's got in his locker. Lastly, if it's not a position that should concern Dean Smith, why is he desperate to land Matty Cash.

Â