Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

I mean...

Edouard

Rashica.                                  Watkins

Grealish - McGinn

Luiz

Would be pretty crazy if we went into the first game with that team. Can't see it myself but would be pretty amazing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I mean...

Edouard

Grealish - McGinn

Luiz

Would be pretty crazy if we went into the first game with that team. Can't see it myself but would be pretty amazing.

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I mean...

Edouard

Grealish - McGinn

Luiz

You would have to feel a bit sorry for the right back considering you would have target bombing on too!

29 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I mean...

Edouard

Grealish - McGinn

Luiz

daffy duck masturbation GIF

• Haha 1

On 10/09/2020 at 23:24, TheMelvillan said:

Not loving the idea of pushing Watkins wide to accommodate a new striker if I'm being honest. Kinda excited to see him play as a proper centre forward 

I amfunny GIFat the thought of it,especially if it is Edouard, Morelos and bring King to play in behind the lone striker.

This summer we have saleable assets to balance the books somewhat. I wonder if Wesley to Lazio could happen if we sign Edouard before the window slams shut? 
Samatta I cannot see getting many mins and Edouard’s potential signing surely puts the final nail in Davis’ Villa career. 

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Seriously 😂 at all the people who think we have just brought a 33,000,000 pound striker to play primarily as a wide forward because we may purchase a 40,0000,000 striker as well.

It’s just not going to happen

How many seasons of his career has Watkins played centrally as opposed to a wing forward ? If the funds are there and the player is a single do you think we would risk again going into the season with just Watkins, Samatta & Davis up top?0

Edited by thabucks

Just now, paul514 said:

Seriously 😂 at all the people who think we have just brought a 33,000,000 pound striker to play primarily as a wide forward because we may purchase a 40,0000,000 striker as well.

Why is it so unbelievable that we could buy a player for that much to play in one of his positions he plays, then go move for a striker that is worth just as much to play as a striker?.

If Smith is getting what he wants to do the job he wants then it more than could happen. Remember were also going for players who can do more than one job on the field to, that always costs abit more anyway.

Yes we had Watkins for 28-33 mills but I do not think for one second that he will just play striker all season if we go buy another striker and weve not brought a RW in, makes sense to have Watkins play Wide.

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Why is it so unbelievable that we could buy a player for that much to play in one of his positions he plays, then go move for a striker that is worth just as much to play as a striker?.

If Smith is getting what he wants to do the job he wants then it more than could happen. Remember were also going for players who can do more than one job on the field to, that always costs abit more anyway.

Yes we had Watkins for 28-33 mills but I do not think for one second that he will just play striker all season if we go buy another striker and weve not brought a RW in, makes sense to have Watkins play Wide.

One last time. It will not happen.

We should have brought this guy and not Watkins, but as we didn’t this isn’t happening.

We've been tipped to move for 2 strikers in this window so it's not completely bonkers to presume that Edouard is a potential target.

However, just because of the financial side of it I can't see it happening sadly.

I expected us to be in the Championship at this point, having to sell most of our good players, so I'm just enjoying this window whatever happens.

Last season we went into the season with only Wes as our only senior striker. When he was struggling we had no One to sub him off for or to rotate with. 
By signing Eduoard we give ourselves options, as well as players who can swap positions. 
Yes, looking at both it’s a lot of money, but unfortunately that’s where the market is these days.

Edited by mikeyp102

12 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I don’t know whether we can afford Edouard but we were definitely in for Wilson and he wasn’t going to sit on the bench either. So they definitely want 2 strikers. Edouard would be amazing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, paul514 said:

How many of those seasons was he worth 33 million because of his performances?

That’s beside the point ... it’s about having cover and options and no player assured of their shirt. I want it to happen. I feel it’s realistic but dont think we will pull this one off. 

Â