Jaden Philogene

Kingman

Time for this lad to get some minutes in the first team. 

Would love him to break through this season. Anyone know if he prefers to play on the left or the right? 

My only criticism would be he’s quite lightweight atm, does he need to bulk up or could he stay at this weight/level of muscle and if not affect his progress? Genuine question. 

Grealish had a similar build when he was 20 and look at him now. He really benefitted from some serious muscle gain. Just wondering if this lad could use a similar programme.

Exciting.

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Time for this lad to get some minutes in the first team. 

Would love him to break through this season. Anyone know if he prefers to play on the left or the right? 

My only criticism would be he’s quite lightweight atm, does he need to bulk up or could he stay at this weight/level of muscle and if not affect his progress? Genuine question. 

Grealish had a similar build when he was 20 and look at him now. He really benefitted from some serious muscle gain. Just wondering if this lad could use a similar programme.

Exciting.

I do not think he’s weight  will be a problem as he tends to glide and has very quick feet. The second goal was with his left and he absolutely hammered it. Really do not think he is far off

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

I do not think he’s weight  will be a problem as he tends to glide and has very quick feet. The second goal was with his left and he absolutely hammered it. Really do not think he is far off

Great. I’ve watched him a few times for the youth teams and he is so quick dribbling with the ball at his feet. 

Would bloody love it if he came through this year. Still felt a loan to the championship would have done him good but if they want to keep him around then fair enough. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, useless said:

It doesn't really matter who is the better out of Carney Chukwuemeka and Philogene-Bidace, not sure what the fascination is with constantly piting our youngsters against each other, it's not as if we're only allowed one extremely talented youth player. Both have been massively impressive, it's not even as if they play the same position.

JPB is almost 2 years older. The fact that they are even in the same comparison speaks much more highly of Carney IMO. 

In the end, though, I agree. Declaring one better than the other at such differing stages of development is a fool's errand. Best to just be happy we have players ready to make the jump and continue progressing. Hopefully this time we don't let our youth team winger run out his contact and win a PL title with a different club 😉

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Controversial opinion. 

From what I've seen this guy seem a bigger talent than Carney. 

Excited to see more from him. 

If that's your threshold, you ought to have the controversial opinion disclaimer on most of your posts :P 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Controversial opinion. 

From what I've seen this guy seem a bigger talent than Carney. 

Excited to see more from him. 

My sense is that he might adapt somewhat better to senior football as he strikes me as a very mature/ intelligent player for his years whereas Carney still looks a little overawed at times.

Carney reminds me a little of the way we thought of delfouneso 10 years or so ago. He absolutely destroyed youth teams because he was so much more physically dominant but struggled a little with the step up partly because of confidence/not being the main man. Compare that to Albrighton who was somewhat less rated but became a much more consistent player at a senior level I think partly because of his mentality- JPB reminds me a little of those qualities.

all early days of course and I’d love to see them both succeed but I thought JPB was the stand out player of the younger lads in the barrow game as his composure was next level 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

My sense is that he might adapt somewhat better to senior football as he strikes me as a very mature/ intelligent player for his years whereas Carney still looks a little overawed at times.

Carney reminds me a little of the way we thought of delfouneso 10 years or so ago. He absolutely destroyed youth teams because he was so much more physically dominant but struggled a little with the step up partly because of confidence/not being the main man. Compare that to Albrighton who was somewhat less rated but became a much more consistent player at a senior level I think partly because of his mentality- JPB reminds me a little of those qualities.

all early days of course and I’d love to see them both succeed but I thought JPB was the stand out player of the younger lads in the barrow game as his composure was next level 

JPB is a bit older though, not sure he was even eligible for the youth cup last season

I'm  really excited with the fact that we'll be giving our youngsters chances. It would give us a good PR too regarding that aspect. It's the only way we might get someone like Grealish again (or near to his quality). Not all will work. But to use them as squad players, if anyone stepped up to become a starter then that would mean we'd have a 25-30m player in our hand. Otherwise we're having assets to cash in after having them filling our squad which would benefit all parties.

JPB is now our 5th choice winger, he could be 4th or even 3rd at the end of the season. If he did that then that would mean him pushing for some starts (If he became ahead Traore then that would mean he'd have a great future). Anyway, at this rate, he'll be able to replace El Ghazi/Trez. Him, Traore and Barry to fill the squad for our wingers (depends on Cairney and A.Ramsey who can fill that position if needed).

The fact that we can change Elmo, Guilbert, Hourihane, Wesley, Trez, El Ghazi, Samatta, Taylor and Barkley.

By Kesler, Barry, Cairney, JPB, J.Ramsey, A.Ramsey, Archer. Without feeling that we've down graded our quality would be a huge improvement, financially and quality wise (if half of them has been succesful). Ramsey showed that a youngster could be ready more than some of the experienced if he had the ability. He looked better than Barkley, and he added value in the game he played this season. The 20 games he played last season gave him a lot of confidence. A.Ramsey and Carney are more highly rated than him so hopefully we can see some of those making the step up.

• Like 2

I think Carney might be the overrated one ( currently ) however there is no real way of knowing that.

The coaching staff will know his ceiling, he's younger than JPB as well.

I'm thinking, it's probably harder for a CM to get recognition or imprint at higher levels because the job isn't as flashy as attacking/wide players.

JBP looks brilliant though, and Archer is just so cool in front of goal it's ridiculous.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think Carney might be the overrated one ( currently ) however there is no real way of knowing that.

The coaching staff will know his ceiling, he's younger than JPB as well.

I'm thinking, it's probably harder for a CM to get recognition or imprint at higher levels because the job isn't as flashy as attacking/wide players.

JBP looks brilliant though, and Archer is just so cool in front of goal it's ridiculous.

I agree fully on the CM part. It's more of a technical position. Your physical attributes help but no where near as much for a winger.  Some wide me make whole careers just off of raw pace. 

Jack's development was always a little funny because of that. He had all the technical skills and his pace came pretty late in his progression. Never seen it happen that way before. 

• Like 2

Â