Jaden Philogene

Kingman

He's just unlucky that we have so many wingers or players that play in that wide forward position at the moment, Archer's sudden emergence has probably meant he's had less game time than he otherwise would have done as well.

Also have to remember that he's fairly new to club football, signed for us around the age of sixteen and didn't have a team before that, we spotted him at an academy for players without a club, so despite his age is less experienced than even some of our academy players that are younger than him who will have been with us or other clubs from a very early age.

Find him the right club and I'm sure he will do well on loan, when he comes back chances are we will be looking to move on Trezeguet and El Ghazi, and there will probably be scope for him to take their place squad, behind Buendia, Traore, and Bailey, not sure what will happen with Coutinho beyond this season.

• Thanks 1

This will be the highest level any of our current academy players have been loaned to, Stoke one of the better championship teams as well, or at least insofar that they're competing to make the play-offs.

So he's done well in that sense, but will have to do well to make the team, it's interesting looking on the Stoke forum seeming them say they don't play with wingers, so that could one of the reasons we're sending him there as practice for Gerrard's system, they apparently play 3421.

So if he's to play he will have to get into their team as one of the two behind the striker,  competing with the likes of Campbell, Powell, Ince, Vranic, D'Margio Wright-Phillips made his debut for them recently as well and apparently played very well.

I know he is highly rated but I have never seen anything in him to suggest that he can be a PL player. This will be a great opportunity for him to prove me wrong. Good luck to the lad, I really hope he can show us what he’s about.

It’s really interesting watching our youngsters on loan. Hopefully a few more will get a chance too.

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

I know he is highly rated but I have never seen anything in him to suggest that he can be a PL player. This will be a great opportunity for him to prove me wrong. Good luck to the lad, I really hope he can show us what he’s about.

It’s really interesting watching our youngsters on loan. Hopefully a few more will get a chance too.

Theres talent in there. Massive talent. Whether that translates into the prem is another question. I hate to say it but i can see this loan going tits up for him as its the same situation as Louie Barry at Ipswich. Lots of competition for places and most of them older than him .i truly hope he succeeds though as he has such brilliant skills and is more of a team player than you would imagine 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ergh not stoke. Would rather it was a club like Blackburn or QPR

Ithink JPB will be a absolute menace in championship 

I don't really have those tribal views when it comes to loaning players, even to the bluenoses. He's still ours and I don't view them as tainted. 

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Theres talent in there. Massive talent. Whether that translates into the prem is another question. I hate to say it but i can see this loan going tits up for him as its the same situation as Louie Barry at Ipswich. Lots of competition for places and most of them older than him .i truly hope he succeeds though as he has such brilliant skills and is more of a team player than you would imagine 

I wouldn't disagree. It would probably have been better to get him to, say, Derby (if they could sign loan players) or a league one club for his first loan, let him prove himself and earn a loan to a better championship side next season. Having said that, I hope that he can force his way into the Stoke team and smash it there.

As above Stoke play a similar system to us, in that they rely on width from the fullbacks and the wingers play more like No.10s or inside forwards, so I imagine that's played a part into why he's going there.

Also he's older than some of the other academy players we've sent out on loan, so there will be more of a pressing need to see if he can cope at a level as close to the Premier League as possible, and also if he's good enough to get into the Stoke team ahead of Championship level players, because that's what he's going to have to prove if he's to have any chance of getting into our team.

Another reason he's going to Stoke, and perhaps the most important, is that they will rate him highly, it's all very well us wanting to send him to a club at that level but a club at that level has got to want him first, that that's what's happened is a good sign.

Not expecting him to necessarily start every week, but if he can get a decent amount of game time then it will be a good move for him, wouldn't put it past him getting a few goals as that seems to be something he's had a knack for at every level he's played at.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

Excited for him to go on loan. Really hoping he starts consistently.  One of my favorite academy players.  Best of luck JPB!

Yes def! I say he's a bigger talent then Jacob Ramsey. Time for him to show it,

According to reports he been promised the number 10 role for stoke which is odd. I think he def gets in the stoke team 

• Like 1

Â