Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

3 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Perhaps you, myself and Guardiola have different concepts and definition of what adds value and makes for success.

So you think he's the greatest manager in the world? 

I buy that about as much as Pep saying Foden is the most talented player he's ever seen.

I'm also pretty sure he sees winning trophies as the biggest indicator of success considering the clubs he's managed, regardless of soundbites.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

not enough matey, I did discover the other day that they are drip fed back to you next day, like one at a time, liked a post the other day and then couldn't again, they should be transferable, quid a throw to help support VT, some of these miserable boobs on here who don't like nothing could lose a few

We should get rollover likes. 

If you don't use the up all one day, they roll over to the next, then you can build a bank of likes ready for a cup win, big signing, thrashing Yanaated or summat. 

Come on @limpid let us share the love amongst the VT community. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I buy that about as much as Pep saying Foden is the most talented player he's ever seen.

I'm also pretty sure he sees winning trophies as the biggest indicator of success considering the clubs he's managed, regardless of soundbites.

Really??? Lying b******
This is the most talented player he’s ever seen:

image.jpeg.4659d7a9482715fa76fb50d39dd041f6.jpeg

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Bielsa has long been a personal favourite of mine. I'm not saying he's the greatest.

He's (Bielsa) certainly not done what others have in terms of dealing with the big city lights and stars.

Having been involved in the professional game for a lifetime, I'm sure Pep knows that silverware and silver spoons are only one aspect of the game, despite being the pinnacle.

Bielsa nearly won the Spanish domestic cup, and the Europa league in the same season, finishing as runner up in both, to Barcelona and Atletico Madrid.

Bielsa's squad, as mentioned, was worth less than 30 million total, and over half of the players where either academy players or free transfers.

There's also the tactical approach that he employs, that he strategised, and is considered unique to his teams.

This is really not a conversation for this thread though.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Bielsa has long been a personal favourite of mine. I'm not saying he's the greatest.

He's (Bielsa) certainly not done what others have in terms of dealing with the big city lights and stars.

Having been involved in the professional game for a lifetime, I'm sure Pep knows that silverware and silver spoons are only one aspect of the game, despite being the pinnacle.

Bielsa nearly won the Spanish domestic cup, and the Europa league in the same season, finishing as runner up in both, to Barcelona and Atletico Madrid.

Bielsa's squad, as mentioned, was worth less than 30 million total, and over half of the players where either academy players or free transfers.

There's also the tactical approach that he employs, that he strategised, and is considered unique to his teams.

This is really not a conversation for this thread though.

He’s widely respected in the game, no doubt. How many top teams has he managed? He did really well at Bilbao as far as I can remember...

Messi wanted him at Barcelona too.

Did a poor job with Argentina though...maybe needs a return to get redemption...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I just lost so much respect for you when it comes to the topic of discussing Bielsa. Thankfully that won't bother either of us too greatly.

Nevertheless, you are undermining a coach/manager who has taken on Europe with an entire squad worth less than 30 million and most academy players.

Yes he has had his mishaps, but there is a reason Guardiola has on multiple occasions called Bielsa, "the greatest manager in the world"

Well that ruined my weekend. 

Bolded: Source please. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

35 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Well that ruined my weekend. 

Bolded: Source please. 

It just frustrates me that people get labeled with hyper negative stigma when it's unwarranted.

Bielsa is not only a great coach, but seemingly and from a number of accounts, a likable person.

Source? I think it originated in an interview with Onze magazine, "To me, he is simply the best coach in the world".

Those comments have been reported on a number of times, at a guess I would've thought you'd heard it before.

And apparently Pochettino echoes Pep's sentiments, though I'm not familiar with his exact quote.

13 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

It just frustrates me that people get labeled with hyper negative stigma when it's unwarranted.

Bielsa is not only a great coach, but seemingly and from a number of accounts, a likable person.

Source? I think it originated in an interview with Onze magazine, "To me, he is simply the best coach in the world".

Those comments have been reported on a number of times, at a guess I would've thought you'd heard it before.

And apparently Pochettino echoes Pep's sentiments, though I'm not familiar with his exact quote.

I love the bloke*, the quirkiness, the press conferences, the reaction he gave in the infamous "give the goal game", his honesty in spygate😂 etc.............. the bucket, nice to see a real character in the game.

Re Pep, would love to see what he could do with a decaying club instead of having everything on a plate, that would be truly amazing to see someone that good try it. 

*hate leeds though!

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I love the bloke, the quirkiness, the press conferences, the reaction he gave in the infamous "give the goal game", his honesty in spygate😂 etc.............. the bucket, nice to see a real character in the game.

Re Pep, would love to see what he could do with a decaying club instead of having everything on a plate, that would be truly amazing to see someone that good try it. 

I’ve often thought that (the second paragraph), put him in charge of a team like Ipswich Town and see how good he is on a tiny budget with less than skilful players. I’m sure he’d still do a great job, but he’d have to adjust his approach. It’d be an interesting experiment for sure. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I know it was claimed Pep once said he was a special coach or something along those lines. Think I saw it on Leeds MOT forum when the whole scouting debacle kicked off last season when Leeds got fined.

But there's two things to consider there. Firstly you are likely to speak well of a colleague, especially when they are from a culture you relate to. Secondly from a pure catholic'esque point of view, my experience from knowing a load of Italians and Spanish people is that they easily heap praise and talk well about those of the elder generations. I would take anything Pep said with a huge grain of salt. Bielsas CV speak for itself, and it's nothing to hype up in terms of saying he's something special. 

I also notice a lot of this stuff has come up after he became a Leeds manager so I suspect it's easily a thing where the media and Leeds fans hype of the ability of one of their own. 

I'll give him one thing and that is he comes across like a bloke with integrity. When he stood up for the bullshit that happened at Elland Road he gained a lot of credit. 

But that idea he's some kind of world class manager players dream about playing for is just not something I see or can understand. Unless they are Argentinian. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Speakers are broke on my PC, is it like the horns at the start of the Vikings film with Kirk Douglas

I will have to check that to confirm. But think the British Navy Task Force returning to Portsmouth after the Falklands 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Personally I think BenRahama would struggle in the Premier League. Obviously a gifted kid but the Premier is a massive step up from the Championship. One area where players coming up struggle is the physicality and strength required in the Premier League.

I'm not so sure - he'd certainly be an upgrade on our current wingers, has great technical ability and end product too. He would definitely improve us. 

But the reason I'd prefer Rashica (and this is only going of highlights) is that he looks a lot more direct. Great technically and with the knack of shooting or crossing early. You don't get much time on the ball in the Prem, and that's why I'd prefer him

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I know it was claimed Pep once said he was a special coach or something along those lines. Think I saw it on Leeds MOT forum when the whole scouting debacle kicked off last season when Leeds got fined.

But there's two things to consider there. Firstly you are likely to speak well of a colleague, especially when they are from a culture you relate to. Secondly from a pure catholic'esque point of view, my experience from knowing a load of Italians and Spanish people is that they easily heap praise and talk well about those of the elder generations. I would take anything Pep said with a huge grain of salt. Bielsas CV speak for itself, and it's nothing to hype up in terms of saying he's something special. 

I also notice a lot of this stuff has come up after he became a Leeds manager so I suspect it's easily a thing where the media and Leeds fans hype of the ability of one of their own. 

I'll give him one thing and that is he comes across like a bloke with integrity. When he stood up for the bullshit that happened at Elland Road he gained a lot of credit. 

But that idea he's some kind of world class manager players dream about playing for is just not something I see or can understand. Unless they are Argentinian. 

Have a look at the interview yourself as it is more than just Pep saying "For me, he is simply the best coach in the world" even though those words are given during the interview. You will be able to better gauge for yourself Pep's meaning and sincerity. You are right in so much as that Guardiola is quite often complimentary and diplomatic when discussing other teams and coaches, unless of course you have tried to eye gouge one of his staff (referring to a Mourinho incident), even then he is quite reserved and reluctant to be contentious.

However I have followed Bielsa for some time, I have watched and read quite a bit of content on him, from his players, in his own words, from journalists who's writing I have respect for, and journalists writing who I don't value, and I have to say I trust my own judgement here in that Pep's words would be somewhat in alignment with my thoughts on Bielsa as a coach.