Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

I'm sure he is a lovely guy, but he's not progressing here. He's going backwards. Hopefully someone like Fulham could take him off our hands

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm sure he is a lovely guy, but he's not progressing here. He's going backwards. Hopefully someone like Fulham could take him off our hands

I'd love to see Ollie thrive somewhere else. It's clear that he can't get over the hump with Villa. 

He's really really starting to annoy me now.

Plays like he's half asleep on the pitch. That air shot from a decent move we put together first half and was also a move where he seemingly thought he was on the halfway line, let the ball run past him and it went out for a throw in.

It all adds up when you include his mediocre touch and hold up play.

We should cash in on him next summer as he won't be a regular starter for us in six months if we do decent business.

He's just not a winger.

His goal record at Villa is pretty solid for a lower / mid table side. 27 in 84 = 1 in 3.1 games, and that was pretty consistent through 2020/21 and 2022/23, so not true to say it was all behind closed doors.

I think on that basis he's been a good signing, but we now want to kick on, and it's time to upgrade.

I like his work rate, tenacity, aerial strength, etc. but he's not good enough with his feet, not a natural finisher. If we're to progress we need to find someone who combines Watkins and Ings' qualities in a single player.

• Like 2

Nice guy but stealing a living.

Hope that's the last time we see him start for us for a while.

The fact that Cam Archer still can't get minutes with Ollie flattering to deceive for 90 mins is just infuriating.

Edited by est1874

Â