Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

8 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

Gutted for him! I would have taken him over DCL who I think is massively overrated 

I think DCL is ok, but that is not the reason Ollie has been omitted.

with Greenwood pulling out, I thought he was pretty much nailed on.

I think Rashford and Sterling are very lucky to go, on their form....they look stale to me.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Watkins was always a long shot for this squad, but with another good season and more goals he’ll be back in I’m sure. 

The Bamford bandwagon has marred his chance, maybe.....so he has took neither.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think DCL is ok, but that is not the reason Ollie has been omitted.

with Greenwood pulling out, I thought he was pretty much nailed on.

I think Rashford and Sterling are very lucky to go, on their form....they look stale to me.

Oh yeh Rashford and Sterling have definitely been lucky!

2 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

Oh yeh Rashford and Sterling have definitely been lucky!

You just know that he’ll start Rashford and Sterling, regardless of form. He’ll be waffling about tournament experience being key etc.... 

Whilst experience is important, form is key. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

You just know that he’ll start Rashford and Sterling, regardless of form. He’ll be waffling about tournament experience being key etc.... 

Whilst experience is important, form is key. 

I be amazed if Rashford Sterling McGuire Henderson and 2 right backs don't start every game. 

• Haha 1

Pity but tight calls. If your been objective, nothing in it really between Watkins and Calvert - Lewin. Obviously from watching Watkins as a Villa fan i genuinely think he would of given them an extra dimension in games where push comes to shove, and it will. They'll have sticky moments.

• Like 1

Taking two strikers while taking four bleeding right backs, Watkins has every right to feel hard done by. Especially when you consider that versatility has been labelled as a key attribute and he has years of wing experience unlike DCL who has only ever played on the wing for England for about 10 minutes.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Watkins was always a long shot for this squad, but with another good season and more goals he’ll be back in I’m sure. 

And it means he gets a looooooong rest after playing all but one games for Villa this season.

• Like 1

Absolutely daft he hasn’t been taken. He’s not a world class striker but he’s a very, very good one and he offers what others can’t. 

Why has he taken 4 right backs? Why is DCL ahead of him? There is not a chance in hell that DCL is a better player than Watkins. 

Watkins should have gone at the expense of Saka, a right back, DCL, or Rashford/Sterling.

On the subject of Rashford and Sterling, they’ve got in on name alone. They’re both woefully out of form and the less game time they see, the better for England.

I wanted Watkins to go, I would have taken him ahead of Calvert Lewin who I think is a good player but OW11 has a better all-round game...

but that said if you are going to take Calvert Lewin and Kane, then I can see the logic in not taking Watkins, because you already have two strikers and another two in Sterling and Rashford that can play through the middle if needed. If he had have gone he would have been unlikely to get any game time, unless both Harry and Dominic both got injured or suspended at the same time...

🦥

• Like 1

Â