Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

8 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Ha ha. Imagine if that’s true! Nothing wrong will Ollie but Targett just thinks he’s a bit rubbish!

Doesn't fancy him to score in our upcoming "difficult" run of fixtures  😱

Edited by MrBlack

Really good tonight, thought Everton in the first half took a leaf out of Liverpool's suicidal high line against him which certainly helped but he looked dangerous throughout. Southgate watching on and no doubt pencilling his name into the squad.

One heck of a pressing player for a start.

That goal... It was against Holgate as well who should of seen a red for his elbow in Watkins as retaliation for being caught out, but yeah Watkins goal was more like a 50 million rated goal. Hardwork, determination, guts, blood, sweat and all the grinding you can get in a player really.

If he does all this and more next season, then teams are going to be wanting to mark him up just as much Grealish because he's like a demonic football demon when he starts charging after players.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Broken record.

But I genuinely can't get how some of our fans still don't rate him.

I also think he could play any way we wanted him to, multi dimensional ninja of the highest order, its Kane then its him, he has to be on that plane, has to.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Broken record.

they're deluded. honestly XD.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

One heck of a pressing player for a start.

That goal... It was against Holgate as well who should of seen a red for his elbow in Watkins as retaliation for being caught out, but yeah Watkins goal was more like a 50 million rated goal. Hardwork, determination, guts, blood, sweat and all the grinding you can get in a player really.

If he does all this and more next season, then teams are going to be wanting to mark him up just as much Grealish because he's like a demonic football demon when he starts charging after players.

Holgate also tried to hack Ollie down when he scored if that hadn’t gone in he would probably be off

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Broken record.

I would lazily guess that there are more than a fair few who don't understand football beyond what they see them do on the ball

He's genuinely one of the best off the ball players I've seen at villa, never stops, his 1 man pressing reminds me of alexis sanchez

Even the one miss tonight, back post off his thigh, that's great reactionary technique, it's a harder ball than it looks due to its height and he's done everything right, it's great play by him and even better from pickford, if he somehow found some luck he'd be incredible 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Holgate also tried to hack Ollie down when he scored if that hadn’t gone in he would probably be off

He should of been off it was disgusting behaviour from him, same as that Allen for kicking Ghazi, there behaviour deserved reds tonight.

Felt like the ref was trying to let Everton get away with whatever and give them all he could without looking to byassed.

Edited by Dave-R

20 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

And that performance is why he won't be stuck out on the wing to make way for someone else. The best front man for our team is Watkins and that's where he will play.

Long live King Ollie. 

Exactly. People moaned about Davis not starting but Ollie is our best striker. 

Â