Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

7 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Ollie's contact is up in 2 years and talks of a new deal have gone quiet. I wonder if he is running down his contract to get a move elsewhere?

Yeah new deal talk has gone quiet, one to watch .

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Ollie's contact is up in 2 years and talks of a new deal have gone quiet. I wonder if he is running down his contract to get a move elsewhere?

He could be . He will be 29 and can negotiate a fortune then. But theres also the 2 years of an extra say 50k a week he will lose by not signing. Its his life. We cannot complain if he does when we have done the same with Tielemans and Kamara. Besides Cam Archer will be ready by then 😂

3 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

He's just waiting for his Digne monster offer. 

Back-up left back getting paid double what the club's main striker is, isn't normal and his agent will be hammering that into his head.

I think he'd be wise to sign a new 4/5 year deal if we offer him decent improved terms. I don't think he'll too fare well being in and out at other clubs. This fit is perfect IMO.

Wouldn't be surprised if an agreement is made and we announce it at the start of the season.

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He's just waiting for his Digne monster offer. 

Back-up left back getting paid double what the club's main striker is, isn't normal and his agent will be hammering that into his head.

I think he'd be wise to sign a new 4/5 year deal if we offer him decent improved terms. I don't think he'll too fare well being in and out at other clubs. This fit is perfect IMO.

Wouldn't be surprised if an agreement is made and we announce it at the start of the season.

Don't disagree with the logic but think it's more to do with just waiting to see who the club sign this summer

Tielemans, torres and Diaby will all be earning more than the club offered Ollie when the first new contract stories emerged, made sense to wait, he'll have a new deal in september

56 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If he's looking for a move to one of the big boys and him and his agent think he's good enough, we will just take the favoured 100 mill plus add ons.

He is at one of the big boys. As per the peak villa thread can we stop talking our own club down? 

• Like 4

We would struggle to replace what he gives us if he left. Even with the big pile of money. Quality strikers are hard to come by at the moment and when you’ve got one that fits your team and scores goals, it would be daft to let him go. 

Anyway, Watkins loves it here and I’m sure he wants to be part of our journey back to the top under the Professor. 

• Like 2

Scoring Double digits in his last 8 seasons.....That takes some doing, ( not many do that) and epitomises his consistency in scoring.

I can see, area's where he can improve....but he is still a sought after striker.

I have an awful lot of time for Ollie....glad he is our player.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Can you imagine the massive boost a player would get when a manager like Emery gives you that full support? It will give Ollie's agent leverage, of course, but Ollie's confidence must be sky high.

Making Watkins the main man -- at the expense of selling Ings -- was a masterstroke. 

I think you are right....I also think that a big name coming in, could be counter productive to the harmony.....Ollie wants to be loved, and be the main man

JD and CA will be fine to push him....I think Ollie will be fine with that.

Edited by TRO

35 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Can you imagine the massive boost a player would get when a manager like Emery gives you that full support? It will give Ollie's agent leverage, of course, but Ollie's confidence must be sky high.

Making Watkins the main man -- at the expense of selling Ings -- was a masterstroke. 

It was the speed of the assessment as well. Many here thought Ings or Watkins was a pickem but Emery very quickly realised who would give what he needed

14 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He could be . He will be 29 and can negotiate a fortune then. But theres also the 2 years of an extra say 50k a week he will lose by not signing. Its his life. We cannot complain if he does when we have done the same with Tielemans and Kamara. Besides Cam Archer will be ready by then 😂

The difference with Tielmans and Kamara they were looking to further their ambitions, whereas we're a club on the up, so why wouldn't he want to stay? 

Hopefully it's sorted out soon, otherwise might as well look to sell him for 60 million and strike whilst the iron is still hot. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

2 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Shades of letting Saunders and Atkinson go and giving the stage to Yorke.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Would any consider selling? He's 28/29 (can't be bothered to check which) probably at his peak in terms of value and will only reduce. Only 2 years left on a contract, Should we be looking to cash in and reinvest in the squad. 

He's 27 - 28 in December.  Who are we replacing him with if we do sell?

Â