Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

His all round footballing ability is pretty atrocious tbh.

He’s become undroppable because he runs around a bit but he really needs to be dropped. His form over the last 12 months has been nowhere near that of a PL footballer. He can’t keep dining out on his first season here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

His all round footballing ability is pretty atrocious tbh.

He’s become undroppable because he runs around a bit but he really needs to be dropped. His form over the last 12 months has been nowhere near that of a PL footballer. He can’t keep dining out on his first season here. 

Yet another of Gerrards favourites, sick of managers playing mates over those who should play.

Mcginn

Watkins

Both should be dropped.

• Like 3

Watkins is struggling in pre-season, I've been watching him in the games.

Now he may well have a great season but he currently looks so rusty, his touch and sharpness with the ball at his feet is bad.

Two chances against Rennes, I think Bailey had an opportunity which broke to Watkins yet his touch let him down and was tackled. Should have been a shot as soon as it came to him. Then the second-half free header in the six yard box from a beautiful Ashley Young cross was absolutely terrible.

I'm highlighting this as I dearly hope he scores next week against Bournemouth and shuts me up, because do really like Watkins and want him to succeed.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

We should have sold him whilst we could of kidded people into thinking he is good. Awful composite sell

That ship has sailed now with West Ham and Arsenal getting strikers in. Allegedly we quoted 75million. 

But he will come good. He is in bad form now and it gets to him. But there will be games soon when everything sticks and he smashes them in. That header was the most obvious sign. He would have nailed that normally 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

We know he is a good player. Probably played himself out of starting for now though. Which is fine.

Not a chance in hell.

He could miss a hundred chances per game, but will not be dropped.

Gerrard might make a suggestion that he might drop him, but then proceed to pick him on a perpetual basis

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I don't know what has happened to him but considering his first season and how he played since,  he's now f***ing awful. Needs a boot in the nuts tbh instead of being a bullied melt on the pitch. Does my fruit in watching him f*** things up and then moan like it wasn't his fault. 

Ings has to start in front of him, but we know Watkins will play the majority of games, if we want to get to the next level watkins isn’t the player for that, should have sold him in the summer 

Watkins did some good things and some not so good things, overall wasn't good enough and we need better. But Ings came on and didn't do anything at all, which truth be told isn't uncommon for him. We need a better striker, if we don't sign one this summer then will be saying the same thing in January, we probably need a striker more than we need midfielder.

• Like 2

It's time to nip him in the bud. Hasnt been good for ages and seemingly isnt going to get good. Its best for him and the club that he goes somewhere else. We cant start another season with him as our striker.

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

That ship has sailed now with West Ham and Arsenal getting strikers in. Allegedly we quoted 75million. 

But he will come good. He is in bad form now and it gets to him. But there will be games soon when everything sticks and he smashes them in. That header was the most obvious sign. He would have nailed that normally 

He’s been in bad form for like 8 months!  

• Like 1

Â