Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

He wasn't good or anywhere near it, but we were so bad that he was far from our worst player today and we looked even worse in attack when we went off.

That said maybe time to give Ings a start against Watford, see what he can do with a start and the rest might do Watkins some good.

Just now, skarroki said:

He needs dropping indefinitely. Get his head screwed back on or try again at a different club. Fed up of defending him now. 

It does feel like he needs a move. He’s utterly garbage at the moment and I’m not sure he even enjoys playing football. 

• Like 1

Get him out of the club. Didn’t even give a shit when he scored or when it was disallowed which piles onto the impression he gives that he just doesn’t want to be here. Not sure where that stems from but it doesn’t matter anymore, just get rid.

He can’t trap the ball, he can’t hold up the ball, he has zero strength, he can’t pass, he can’t stay onside, he can’t shoot. I have absolutely no idea what he offers. He kills EVERY attack he is involved in. Every single one.

I don’t think I’ve ever disliked a player this much. How he is starting beggars belief. I am not exaggerating when I say I truly believe he’s the worst striker at the club. I’d play Davis, Archer, Ings, JPB, Buendia, Ramsey, Young, Olsen, Gerrard or Purslow up front before playing him again

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

His head is well and truly gone. Somebody made a good point the other week when Coutinho scored against United he didn't look arsed.

Didn't look too arsed when he scored today tbh. Needs some time out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

It does feel like he needs a move. He’s utterly garbage at the moment and I’m not sure he even enjoys playing football. 

Might just need some time away. I'm annoyed watching him play for Villa but if he was my mate behaving in that way I'd be genuinely concerned about his mental health in all honesty. Looks lost. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PaulC said:

We looked even worse though when Ings came on 

People keep ignoring this. As bad as Watkins is, Ings is even worse. The people wanting him to start don’t seem to watch the games when he comes on.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Get him out of the club. Didn’t even give a shit when he scored or when it was disallowed which piles onto the impression he gives that he just doesn’t want to be here. Not sure where that stems from but it doesn’t matter anymore, just get rid.

He can’t trap the ball, he can’t hold up the ball, he has zero strength, he can’t pass, he can’t stay onside, he can’t shoot. I have absolutely no idea what he offers. He kills EVERY attack he is involved in. Every single one.

I don’t think I’ve ever disliked a player this much. How he is starting beggars belief. I am not exaggerating when I say I truly believe he’s the worst striker at the club. I’d play Davis, Archer, Ings, JPB, Buendia, Ramsey, Young, Olsen, Gerrard or Purslow up front before playing him again

People really have to let go of this bs attitude narrative. Christ, he probably knew VAR would check it so he wasn’t getting overly excited. Regardless, he was still happy. High fives and smiles. And it’s a crock of shit that he doesn’t celebrate when his teammates score. Criticize him all you want for his piss poor finish or constantly losing the ball but people need to stfu about his “attitude.” Christ, it’s like when people were moaning about Buendia when he first started or Mings chewing gum. Absolute insanity.

• Like 1

Watkins is gash. I knew it when i was calling for us to sign tammy in the summer.

Watkins is a one season wonder. Cash in the summer. I didnt like how miserable he was when he scored either. That pisses me off.

Edited by Demitri_C

34 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Might just need some time away. I'm annoyed watching him play for Villa but if he was my mate behaving in that way I'd be genuinely concerned about his mental health in all honesty. Looks lost. 

It is starting to look like a mental health issue from the outside. 

on a side note imagine if we had Richarlison - he looks miserable even when he smiles. 

Â