No Thanks! - Players you DON'T want Villa to sign!

AvfcRigo82

37 minutes ago, Xela said:

Benni McCarthy, Miguel and Haim Revivo

Wow! Now that’s a blast from the past!

Don’t forget Valeri Karpin 😆

Imagine if we had actually signed Christian Vieri... 

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Wow! Now that’s a blast from the past!

Don’t forget Valeri Karpin 😆

Never mind Karpin, what about Mostovoi?! One of the greatest performances I have seen at VP. 

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m not sure that Messi is a typical Villa signing, I wish he was! I don’t think that he’s particularly declining but Barcelona are in a bit of a lull though. Messi breaks all the norms, he’s so good he’s got a long way to decline before many teams would turn their noses up at him.

Erm, yeah - I don't actually think Villa would be in for Messi...

I assume the fact that I have to clarify that is perhaps a reflection of some fans' crazy expectations and perspective of the club?

• Haha 2

Just now, Troglodyte said:

Erm, yeah - I don't actually think Villa would be in for Messi...

I assume the fact that I have to clarify that is perhaps a reflection of some fans' crazy expectations and perspective of the club?

Yes I didn’t really think you expected us to sign Messi. What about that Ronaldo lad?

I think Benrahma has been hyped up by fans as this mythical superstar in the making. But if he was he wouldn't be at Brentford. Decent player but not a 20 million plus player, particularly when Eze with  better stats and being younger is worth 16m.

Edited by Philosopher

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

agree with tuanzebe, the chance to sign him (or for him to come to us...) was last summer, spent the year injured, wont break in to that utd team, we wont get value for money in any kind of deal with them

for that reason too id say tammy, I don't want us to put a lot of time and effort in to him when I feel like Chelsea wont give us any kind of decent deal for him and despite what some fans think I feel like he would always be reluctant to leave Chelsea

im wary of anyone that the big boys are trying to ship off, Lingard obviously, origi, even the likes of stones from city, not saying they aren't good enough for us but with the fee and the wages they would be asking for theres not much sensible about going after them

deeney is another one that obvious, ignore the blue nose bit for a moment, he's 32, in decline, would be seeking his last deal, then bring the fact that he's a dirty bluenose who has goaded us for years, **** that

Didn’t even know Deeney was a blue nose. Agree with your analysis and would add that he didn’t seem bothered when Watford went down because it seems like he knew he’d be off. Want someone who cares about where the club finishes and not just himself.

I Don't think Tammy is that good either. For the goals he scored he missed a hateful of chances. That Chelsea team create loads of chances. Plus his competition was a 32 year Giroud and an sxpensive flop in Batsuyi. To me Tammy is a penalty box striker who will get goals because he is always in the box, but he is hardly lethal.

Good, but we overrate him. Not value for money.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Pep seen right through him the minute he walked in the door at Man City.

No suprise the guys career took a nose dive from there on in.

Probably because he never played under Pep?

Tuanzebe injury prone and not an improvement on konsa. I'd rather have engels as a back up they have about the same durability.

Abraham would cost far more than what he is worth. He misses so many big chances we would be writing him off after 3 games. He missed 1 and a half times the number of big chances than goals he has scored. If he was under 30 million I would consider it but if it is over 30 we could probably sign a better striker for that and my first priority would be a winger anyway as wesley will be back to compete and I think he could do very well next season.

Benrahma is a tough one. He is a good player but I don't think he is what we need. We need a pacy winger which benerahma just isn't. Again it depends on the price if it is 25 and under sure but anymore and I think we would be losing out on another player or a better player. 

I wouldn’t turn anyone down, provided them financial side of the deal reflected the potential worth or weaknesses of the player.

Tuanzebe is a good example here - I’m not convinced that another centre back is a high priority for us in this window, and I’m not sure that given the fitness issues he’d be first choice on the list. But if he were available for £5-8m or something like that then I feel like it’d be a good deal for us. 

Likewise, an experienced keeper like Hart wouldn’t be dreadful, if he was free and on deal that paid him on performances rather than a high basic salary, etc. 

The devil is in the details. Unless it’s Troy Deeney. 

• Like 1

Â