No Thanks! - Players you DON'T want Villa to sign!

AvfcRigo82

41 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Me neither. He’d be way too expensive, the amount of Red Bull and amphetamine that lad gets through would cost a fortune. 

I'll have his share then.

53 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

So is Benrahma being written off now after last night’s final? Forget his performances for the last two years, he didn’t tear Wembley apart so must be no good. Righto. 

I think people are questioning his ability to step up it in big games. The three playoff games were the biggest of his career so far and he choked in all of them. For me, that's a worry as it looks like he might struggle with pressure - which is what he'll have a whole lot more of if he signs.

21 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Pep seen right through him the minute he walked in the door at Man City.

No suprise the guys career took a nose dive from there on in.

Pretty sure he was at Liverpool when Pep took over Man City. Also Klopp used him when fit as back up to his front 3. Only moved him on really because injuries have ruined him.

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

Pretty sure he was at Liverpool when Pep took over Man City. Also Klopp used him when fit as back up to his front 3. Only moved him on really because injuries have ruined him.

The OP mentions Joe Hart and Sturridge. I think he was talking about Hart.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

I think people are questioning his ability to step up it in big games. The three playoff games were the biggest of his career so far and he choked in all of them. For me, that's a worry as it looks like he might struggle with pressure - which is what he'll have a whole lot more of if he signs.

He was also woeful against Barnsley and Stoke which they both lost.  

I am not convinced he is what we need, nor is worth the gamble

12 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I think Benrahma has been hyped up by fans as this mythical superstar in the making. But if he was he wouldn't be at Brentford. Decent player but not a 20 million plus player, particularly when Eze with  better stats and being younger is worth 16m.

I would prefer us to go for Eze, if it was a choice between the two.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, skarroki said:

Probably because he never played under Pep?

That's the point I am making.

Pep arrived at City, seen right through him instantly and he was out the door before Pep had his coat off.

Hart managed 1 game before he was sent out to Torino then West Ham then Burnley.

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Referring to Joe Hart sorry.

As for Sturridge. He was great in his youth when playing for Chelsea and Man City but again, another one who is finished in football.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That's the point I am making.

Pep arrived at City, seen right through him instantly and he was out the door before Pep had his coat off.

Hart managed 1 game before he was sent out to Torino then West Ham then Burnley.

The point I am making is Sturridge wasn't contracted to Man City under Pep Guardiola. 

Sturridge left Man City in 2009, Guardiola arrived at City in 2016. 

14 minutes ago, skarroki said:

The point I am making is Sturridge wasn't contracted to Man City under Pep Guardiola. 

Sturridge left Man City in 2009, Guardiola arrived at City in 2016. 

You never mentioned Sturridge to me to begin with though and I was referring to Joe Hart.

Sturridge is a different matter. I don't doubt you are wrong about Sturridge under Guardiola. :thumb:

Klopp on Sturridge

Another player who stood out in those early sessions was Daniel Sturridge. Klopp knew he was inheriting a talented player but Sturridge was better than he’d thought: the player his Dortmund stars Robert Lewandowski and Mario Gotze would be if they combined their talents. Klopp is not the sort of person to have regrets but he wishes he had been able to work with Sturridge when he was injury-free because he could have been, in his opinion, one of European football’s great No 9s.

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You never mentioned Sturridge to me to begin with though and I was referring to Joe Hart.

Sturridge is a different matter. I don't doubt you are wrong about Sturridge under Guardiola. :thumb:

Misunderstood from the first post you'd quoted, mentioning Sturridge and Hart. My apologies

• Like 1

5 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

So is Benrahma being written off now after last night’s final? Forget his performances for the last two years, he didn’t tear Wembley apart so must be no good. Righto. 

I think people firmly have tongue in cheek, I do anyway. It is a symptom of modern football though. Total and utter devotion toward a supposed transfer target. Just says a lot about the momentum of hype too. Like 'don't meet you heroes'; 'don't watch your next transfer saviour for 90 mins'. Imagination and reality don't mix well. 

I got swept away (plus the stats) myself but not seen much of his 90 min play until the playoffs. Fear not, recruitment will do their due diligence and make a decision grounded in reality not imagination.  

• Like 1

Â