No Thanks! - Players you DON'T want Villa to sign!

AvfcRigo82

Daniel Sturridge. I know we are not stupid enough to buy him but please avoid. The injuries have finished his career sadly.

Shout out to Joe Hart. No thanks. I mean what has happened to his career? It's fallen off a cliff. Should retire with the remains of his dignity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Daniel Sturridge. I know we are not stupid enough to buy him but please avoid. The injuries have finished his career sadly.

Shout out to Joe Hart. No thanks. I mean what has happened to his career? It's fallen off a cliff. Should retire with the remains of his dignity.

Pep seen right through him the minute he walked in the door at Man City.

No suprise the guys career took a nose dive from there on in.

• Like 1

Not sure I'd say no to anyone who is at or around PL standard...it depends on the price, salary and their role. It also depends on the budget - like with Grealish, the club they're at puts greater value on them than we will, and we should respect that.

We need to sign a few starters - CF, wingers, CM....and need more depth in a few areas, so need to be less picky, and ask 'are they better than what we've got now'? 
If (for example) Joe Hart will come here on a free transfer, and is happy to be back-up on a relatively low salary, then go for it - he's been kept out of sides by 2 of the best keepers in the league for the last few years. We might be able to sell Nyland for a few £m, and make Hart effectively a freebie for a season or 2, and maybe he finds form and we're away.

But not Deeney. And not because he's a nose.

Edited by Pez1974

Mitrovic -  don't think he's half as good as some people here think he is. Decent player roughly 1 in 4 goal raitio in the prem, but he is very slow. Seeing how much he would cost its a definite no from me. 

We need pace in the side, our midfield is slow, our wingers are slow, and our strikers are slow

Our quickest players in the team are all defenders, Guilbert, Konsa and Mings. We cant score on the counter due to this reason, so I think Mitrovic would just be ineffective and waste of 25-35m

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Iheanacho. Only linked because he scores against us for fun.

Anyone from Bournemouth (especially their strikers). They aren't good.

Actually their strikers aren’t bad. It was their defence constantly shipping 60 odd goals per season, that ultimately did for them. Still can’t believe they off loaded Mings to us. Better than anything they had this season.

10 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Actually their strikers aren’t bad. It was their defence constantly shipping 60 odd goals per season, that ultimately did for them. Still can’t believe they off loaded Mings to us. Better than anything they had this season.

And they still managed to get £40m for Ake

Â