No Thanks! - Players you DON'T want Villa to sign!

AvfcRigo82

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Controversial one but...Tuanzebe.

Too injury prone.

Don't think it's controversial at all and don't think he's any better than Konsa and Konsa has more experience and has shown how much he can develop. I think next year we will have a £40m centre half on our hands with Konsa.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Too injury prone.

I totally get this though.

It's not worked for him by any means.

I guess if any club taking a punt on him it would have to be viewed as a backup player now initially and see how it goes.

He wouldn't be a big fee and I think any club that did go for him would have to take him on loan first with a right to buy at the end would be the sensible approach.

15 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Too injury prone.

Yeah I kind of agree with you here. His injury record doesn't make me want to splash the £25m that Man Utd valued him at. If you are only available for 40-50% of games a season then you are no good to the squad in my opinion. You might be able to live with it if it was a one off season, but the last two and a half seasons for Axel have been injury hit.

agree with tuanzebe, the chance to sign him (or for him to come to us...) was last summer, spent the year injured, wont break in to that utd team, we wont get value for money in any kind of deal with them

for that reason too id say tammy, I don't want us to put a lot of time and effort in to him when I feel like Chelsea wont give us any kind of decent deal for him and despite what some fans think I feel like he would always be reluctant to leave Chelsea

im wary of anyone that the big boys are trying to ship off, Lingard obviously, origi, even the likes of stones from city, not saying they aren't good enough for us but with the fee and the wages they would be asking for theres not much sensible about going after them

deeney is another one that obvious, ignore the blue nose bit for a moment, he's 32, in decline, would be seeking his last deal, then bring the fact that he's a dirty bluenose who has goaded us for years, **** that

• Thanks 1

Some of the names I've seen mentioned that I think we should be aiming higher than are Lolley, Swift, Bannan and Albrighton. First three if we were in the Championship maybe, but not when we're trying to build a competitive PL squad. Albrighton might be OK for the squad but we need a starting level winger who can add regular goals and assists. Think we'd be better off sticking with Trez and EL Ghazi for backup wingers anyway. 

There's been a lot of PL fringe players from the bigger sides mentioned. Players who have played little football for a couple of seasons while picking up massive wages.

I'd like us to stay away from these kind of signings if possible. Too big a gamble for me. The odd one of these might turn out be a great piece of business but they just srceam West Ham or Everton to me.

• Like 4

I don't get the John swift excitement either to be honest. He's 25 so not particularly young and never played premier League football. He's been a mid table championship regular for a few years now. Don't understand it.

I went to watch a villa - reading game a couple of years ago - the 3-1 defeat. Liam Kelly was the player that stood out for me that day. I don't remember John swift that day. Only a 1 off game I know.

Edited by Mjvilla
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Joe Hart

Troy deeney

Calum wilson

jeff hendrick

benteke

dale stephens

djemba djemba

joe lolley

inheacho

Any and all burnley throw offs

Oh crap Joe Hart, that's going to happen isn't it? it's such a Villa signing! Please tell me we're different now??

Â