Johan Lange

hippo

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We laugh but there are a few who genuinely meant this a couple of weeks ago.

Incredible.

The same wet-wipes who'll be whinging next season when we haven't made 5 signings in the first few weeks of the transfer window.

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

ATsiYom.png

Very few spots left to fill.

We don’t need three left wingers. Trez will slot in under Traoré on your graphic. Engels is back in training now so he slots in under Konsa. We might try for a left back but I think it will wait another year. 

• Like 1

Interesting that all our transfers have British football experience so far, I know its not the be all to have players with that experience but compared to our signings last season it seems that some thought has gone into them and how they fit in. I am aware last summer was a different situation and I dont want to bash Suso as we were in a mess but think this is a sign of progress

• 2 weeks later...

His buddy Ståle Solbakken has just been sacked by FC Copenhagen after 7 years there.

Edit: Wonder if he (Solbakken) is in line to replace Lars Lagerbäck as manager for Norway? LL has been getting a lot of grief this week after failing to take Norway to the Euro's.

Edited by sne

On 01/10/2020 at 06:56, LondonLax said:

We don’t need three left wingers. Trez will slot in under Traoré on your graphic. Engels is back in training now so he slots in under Konsa. We might try for a left back but I think it will wait another year. 

Also when wesley is back, if required watkins could fill in on the left or right if really needed.

We will look a lot better in the front 3 depth wise when wesley is back and fit tbh.

To he fair trez, grealish, traore or watkins could play on the left or right if deaperstely needed. 

Ideally watkins and wesley are the competition for the striker spot, but just saying that when wesley is fit we could prob get rid of el ghazi with limited impact on the squad.

Edited by MaVilla

1 hour ago, sne said:

Edit: Wonder if he (Solbakken) is in line to replace Lars Lagerbäck as manager for Norway? LL has been getting a lot of grief this week after failing to take Norway to the Euro's.

More likely than not, I’d wager. 

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, hong0311 said:

spacer.png

Something is off - where’s his usual smirk?

They take a number of photos in these things, probably the Villa media liked this photo the best.  Probably smiled in some of the others which weren’t used.  Maybe he just needed a poo and was uncomfortable hence no smile 😉

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Or John and his agent just took him to the cleaners.

Hard to tell, it's all guess work but say he was on £30k in the championship, got a post promotion bump to maybe £40k and we've now raised him up to £60-70k

It looks a lot for us but for a starting midfielder in a mid table team I'd say that's the going rate 

Same with mings, we've put him on PL wages, it's a jump but that's the league 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Hard to tell, it's all guess work but say he was on £30k in the championship, got a post promotion bump to maybe £40k and we've now raised him up to £60-70k

It looks a lot for us but for a starting midfielder in a mid table team I'd say that's the going rate 

Same with mings, we've put him on PL wages, it's a jump but that's the league 

Yep , if we want to compete at the top end of the premier league we have to pay the rates. I think the only problem is we are still hindered by the FFP 3 year rule so still can’t compete with teams such as West Ham, Southampton, Palace and even Brighton in terms of wages.   A couple more seasons in this league and it will be interesting to see who we are able to sign. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

He deserves a lot of praise. Yes he hasn’t been in long, but all the summer signings look to have really improved the team. If we do lose Luiz to city (I’m not convinced we will), but you’d trust him and the board to have a replacement lined up and to get the deal of the line. 

9 minutes ago, thejoker said:

I’m quite surprised that we’ve never heard from him. No sit-down interview, nothing (unless I completely missed it). I guess actions speak louder than words. 

Based on the fact that he looks like some sort of Alien shape shifter, he might just need some time to acclimatise to his surroundings.

Can't afford for his human skin to be melting or fading away on live TV.

Wonder what Icke thinks?

• Like 3

Â