Johan Lange

hippo

Pretty clear he doesn't have much to contribute with if Traore is what he suggests for securing our place in the PL.

I fully understand the need of pace and athleticism. I even argued that point weeks ago, but they also need to be good footballers. Otherwise lets just sign Linford Christie. 

Everyone that has seen him play will agree he's not the quality we need. Lyon fans will tell you. French football viewers on here will tell you. Youtube will normally be able to drum up a good video, but even that fails here. 

Often in life the information you need is right in front of you, but it's human nature to avoid the bad stuff and substitute it for alternative scenarios that's more comfortable to our preferences. Unfortunately he doesn't just magically become better at football. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Pretty clear he doesn't have much to contribute with if Traore is what he suggests for securing our place in the PL.

I fully understand the need of pace and athleticism. I even argued that point weeks ago, but they also need to be good footballers. Otherwise lets just sign Linford Christie. 

Everyone that has seen him play will agree he's not the quality we need. Lyon fans will tell you. French football viewers on here will tell you. Youtube will normally be able to drum up a good video, but even that fails here. 

Often in life the information you need is right in front of you, but it's human nature to avoid the bad stuff and substitute it for alternative scenarios that's more comfortable to our preferences. Unfortunately he doesn't just magically become better at football. 

And yet you've never seen him play. I could end in a pretentious aphorism too but I have to get this in quick as it's an edit, so I won't. 

Edit. Often in life people get an idea in their head and use any evidence they can to confirm that bias. And it's human nature to be smug about it.

Edited by Rolta

5 minutes ago, Rolta said:

you've never seen him play. I could end in a pretentious aphorism too but I have to get this in quick as it's an edit, so I won't. 

Edit. Often in life people get an idea in their head and use any evidence they can to confirm that bias. And it's human nature to be smug about it.

But Lyon fans have.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

But Lyon fans have.

It's best to get angry about things when you've seen them play yourself. I know you have never liked context or thinking how things like different systems, or that other variables can affect players at different times. I also know you don't like looking past the position you stringently take, so you won't look at his better stats in previous seasons, or how he's been linked to far better clubs than us for far more money in the past. 

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 2

Just now, Rolta said:

It's best to get angry about things when you've seen them play yourself. I know you have never liked context or thinking how things like different systems, or other variables can affect players. I also know you don't like looking past the position you stringently take, so you won't look at his better stats in previous seasons, or how he's been linked to far better clubs than us for far more money in the past. 

If a baker tells me a bread is bad I don't buy said bread.

31 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

So we have clearly decided (with absolutely no evidence) that Wakins and Cash are down to Smith, and Traore is down to the DOF?

Ok. 

32 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Lyon fans, VT'ers and YouTube hardly qualify as information.

• Like 1

Â