Pre Match Thread - Villa's Last Stand !

Paul33

12 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

West Ham looked more than useful against man ure on tue.

Getting a bit worried now 

Im just hoping that on the basis they got the point they are now up and that Moyes may look at players with knocks and not risk them - Im getting more nervous again as it gets closer!

Please just survive and stay in premier league Villa...do this for my newborn son who's only a week old, he's a new villa fan, let's give him some Premier league action please....mainly for his old man as he'll not remember any of it haha

• Like 3

Nerves kicking in. Have I made a terrible decision to watch it all unfold with my Arsenal-supporting friend? Most probably.

I'm fearing a fraught 90 minutes of very cagey football with half an eye on other results. I guess it's a mercy that they're all on at the same time and we'll know our fate at full time, not several days later as with other recent rounds of fixtures

UTV

Edited by est1874

Here's the match thread from "Knees Up Mother Brown": 

https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=178332

A couple of posts took my eye:

"I think we will get beat. Not because we are not playing well, or because of the manager or individuals, simply because the mental and physical exertion of the past month will catch up with us and we will sub consciously drop a level. Villa are desperate, are also in good form, and will scrap there way to a victory" - (Crouchend_Hammer).

"Same team again please, my brother in law is a Villa fan so I'd love to see them relegated. The other fans I know of theirs are all cocky, the Spurs of the Midlands" - (irons88). Does anyone know his brother in law? He really does need to see this, as do any of us that may have the misfortune of knowing him!  

7 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Nerves kicking in. Have I made a terrible decision to watch it all unfold with my Arsenal-supporting friend? Most probably.

I'm fearing a fraught 90 minutes of very cagey football with half an eye on other results. I guess it's a mercy that they're all on at the same time and we'll know our fate at full time, not several days later as with other recent rounds of fixtures

UTV

Yeah at least we’ll know by the end of the 90 mins. I’d hate to just be sat waiting on another result to go our way. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Well it’s not me, there’s no way in hell I’d let my sister marry a west ham fan ;)

Or brother. 

Just being politically correct 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

A draw with Wet Spam means Watford have to win at Arsehole and Bournemouth will be crying.

I worry the Villa players will adopt this mentality. Of course a draw might be enough to keep us up, but we need to approach this game with a simple idea in our heads. A win keeps us up. Any other result we are looking for others to do us a favour and I don't really want that. 

We have beaten Palace and Arsenal and should have had 3 points away to Everton, we shouldn't fear a West Ham team with nothing but pride to play for. But all 13-14 players used with have to give everything and we might need a little bit of luck! 

• Like 2