Pre Match Thread - Villa's Last Stand !

Paul33

We have to go in to this game with shock and awe tactics. In the first 20 minutes we need to go all out. West Ham at their best are devastating. However we can beat them if we come out of the traps and really go for a knock out. They struggle with the press at the back we cannot give them space or time.

Like ze Germans did to Brazil in that incredible semi final without the 7 goals. I think we need to get 2/3 in any opening blitz.

I need trezeguet to get that hattrick I've been saying he'll get all season. If our strikers were more reliable I wouldn't be worried but when they're more limp than a dead fish we need big performances from elsewhere. 

Realistically we need a point here. So I expect pretty much the same Villa we have seen the last two games and no changes to team or tactics. I hope Elmo is available, despite all Guilbert's good work. 

• Like 1

Everton and Arsenal early goals please to settle the nerves. This is going to be the squeakiest of keister days known.

When all looked lost last season we pulled off the impossible.

Looking similar this season. We were 7 points adrift with a worse GD after Watford beat Newcastle with 4 left to play. We’ve overturned that in 3 games whilst still conceding a late equaliser. Incredible effort 👏

4 days away and I already have that sickly feeling,

Watching the results for three games and Geoff shouting the league positions and permutations every few seconds   I know these games are supposed to be exciting, But I hate them. Like playing the Noses, I am only happy when its over 

• Like 2

This is going to be the most nerve raking 90 minutes of my life I think, will think of predictions etc later this week but for now its focus on tonight. Cant help but think West Ham getting a point at old Trafford would just give them absolute safety and hopefully take a bit out of the legs, a couple of reds for Antonio, Bowen and Rice wouldn't go a miss either

58 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Ah, wouldn’t a lovely early couple of goals be just the thing? 
I feel like we will draw this one, which would be enough providing Watford don’t win. We shall see...

Cant stand it 

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

Realistically we need a point here. So I expect pretty much the same Villa we have seen the last two games and no changes to team or tactics. I hope Elmo is available, despite all Guilbert's good work. 

If we can beat Arsenal so can Watford. However I think West Ham are flying at the moment and I *might* take a draw now if I was offered it.