Pre Match Thread - Villa's Last Stand !

Paul33

13 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Same. My natural pessimism says we'll lose at WH. Can't decide whether to avoid it until FT. 

Avoided Arsenal until about 10.25pm and let me tell you it was a delight.

You have to keep busy though or you just picture the ball bobbling around the Villa box.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I've found a better way. 

gmgob.10yov21.jpg

100% agree but since the abnormal ALT Liver test results no can do. Looking into the possibility of crystal meth or crack or both

Edited by Follyfoot

I’m in two minds about watching it all? It’s on at 3am Mon here so it could really set me up for an awesome or terrible week at work? Would we rather be in our position or Bournemouth’s? They seem surprisingly upbeat on their forums.

I must be the only one who is feeling fairly confident about this game - even more so than Derby last year.

We're in pretty good form and defensively are fairly sound (zero mistakes leading to goals since the restart.) We also seem to be together as a team once again. I was absolutely terrified for the Arsenal game but I can see us comfortably beating a Wet Spam team with nothing to lose.

Villa 3-1 (late consolation for them) & there's no way Watford is beating that score over Arsenal.

• Like 2

I don't think I can bear to watch or follow today's games, I'll be tuning in at half time and full time.....I know we can do this though, this is our time!! Step up lads and get it done, I'd go beserk if Davis scored and got the winner!!

• Like 1

As fans we are all nervous. Nervous probably doesn't even do our current emotional state justice. 

The boys though, they have to be loving it. You grow up pretending to be in these type of matches. Honestly I'm envious, the level of focus matches like this give you can elevate your game to levels you didn't know you had (See our boy Trez). 

We have the perfect opponent. Should have won the reverse fixture, no major injuries in the squad, and all to play for. 

See everyone on the other side. UTV!!!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

As fans we are all nervous. Nervous probably doesn't even do our current emotional state justice. 

The boys though, they have to be loving it. You grow up pretending to be in these type of matches. Honestly I'm envious, the level of focus matches like this give you can elevate your game to levels you didn't know you had (See our boy Trez). 

We have the perfect opponent. Should have won the reverse fixture, no major injuries in the squad, and all to play for. 

See everyone on the other side. UTV!!!

Do Wet Spam have any injuries? I thought that Bowen might be out?

6 hours ago, ben1505 said:

I’m in two minds about watching it all? It’s on at 3am Mon here so it could really set me up for an awesome or terrible week at work? Would we rather be in our position or Bournemouth’s? They seem surprisingly upbeat on their forums.

You know what they say about the seaside air? 

• Haha 1

They say bad luck comes in threes.

1 Yesterday morning me and Mrs T decided to cancel our holiday to Calella Spain in early September (so that we were both available to return to work IF required) took £500 loss few hours later Spain basically on shutdown and looks like holidays to be refunded again. Probably would have been given money back

2 Went for a ride out, hit a pot hole and my tyre exploded (£69) 

3 Still waiting Oh shite 

Edited by Robtaylor200

19 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

They say bad luck comes in threes.

1 Yesterday morning me and Mrs T decided to cancel our holiday to Calella Spain in early September (so that we were both available to return to work IF required) took £500 loss few hours later Spain basically on shutdown and looks like holidays to be refunded again. Probably would have been given money back

2 Went for a ride out, hit a pot hole and my tyre exploded (£69) 

3 Still waiting Oh shite 

Put £50 on West Ham.   That’s your run of 3 right there 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 2