Pre Match Thread - Villa's Last Stand !

Paul33

Found a way to deal with the pressure, Everytime I think about the game I start the theme from Fraggle Rock in my mind and auto repeat until the football thought is banished (It also helps visualising the video to the tune)

Dance  your cares away - clap clap
Worry's for another day
Let the music play - clap clap 
Down at Fraggle Rock

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

A small part of me wishes we were in Watford's or Bournemouth's position and not favourites to stay up, just feels like the disappointment is going to be a thousand times worse if we go down now after giving us such a good chance with the win against Arsenal.

I think we are going to need at least one point and it terrifies me immensely that we are going to go a goal down early and never recover. 

I really hope to God I'm wrong. I suppose as supporters you always fear the worst and tbh I feel more anxious coming on here, so I blame my fellow Villans 🤪

I'm 75% turning off my TV and phone 4 till 6🐱😅

Same. My natural pessimism says we'll lose at WH. Can't decide whether to avoid it until FT. 

• Like 1

On 22/07/2020 at 15:04, TheMelvillan said:

think i'll have a wee private sob on my own in the house no matter the outcome - its all been terribly stressful lol.

I expect it will just be something in your eye, or a touch of hay-fever, pollen count is very high at the moment. 😉

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve found that when I clasp my hands and continually say no no please god no when the opposition are attacking they tend not to score. 

I will keep the Villa up. Don’t worry lads, I’ve got this. 

Please do, as it never works for me. God hates me for being an atheist. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, roonst83 said:

Sadly this isn't the case. Even if we win we need to better Watford's score and winning goal difference to have a chance of staying up.

We don't actually. They would need to win by two more goals than we do, if we both win. If we win 1-0 at West Ham, they would need to win 3-0 at Arsenal. If they only win by 1 goal more than we do, we would stay up. Give me a 1-0 win and I'm prepared to take a chance on Arsenal losing by three clear goals on Sunday. :thumb: 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

A small part of me wishes we were in Watford's or Bournemouth's position and not favourites to stay up, just feels like the disappointment is going to be a thousand times worse if we go down now after giving us such a good chance with the win against Arsenal.

I think we are going to need at least one point and it terrifies me immensely that we are going to go a goal down early and never recover. 

I really hope to God I'm wrong. I suppose as supporters you always fear the worst and tbh I feel more anxious coming on here, so I blame my fellow Villans 🤪

I'm 75% turning off my TV and phone 4 till 6🐱😅

I understand where you're coming from, but a big part of me knows that Watford and Bournemouth, would really love to be in our position this weekend. ;)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve found that when I clasp my hands and continually say no no please god no when the opposition are attacking they tend not to score. 

I will keep the Villa up. Don’t worry lads, I’ve got this. 

This reminds me of the embarrassing moment I ran upstairs at half time to the toilet, I was around 13 at the time and watching Villa play someone (can’t remember who). We must have been losing because after visiting the bathroom I darted into my room where I’d got a wall of Aston Villa posters, with Paul McGrath centre stage, and a scarf above it. I clasped my hands together and mumbled something like “please Villa, please win this, I’ll do anything” etc... 

When all of a sudden my cousin (who I’d not noticed playing on the Megadrive in the corner) shouts “what are you doing? Are you praying to Aston Villa!”.

I jumped a mile then denied it all of course. He took the piss for a long time after. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

Sleepless night for many of you tonight I think 🙂

After all the talking, discussions etc it now comes down to one game. As I said before , at least your fate is in the players hands ( are you listening Nyland 😀 ) but of course if a couple of other games go for Villa it will also help. At least you are still there fighting which a short while ago looked as though that wouldn't happen.

Anyway, try to relax, have a few medicinal ales and hopefully everything goes well tomorrow, even if you will have to be watching through your fingers most of the time.🙂

'mon Villa

:flag:

Cheers bud. I hope SJMG has a belter and gets back to scoring.

Unless we go 3-0 up in the first ten minutes tomorrow is going to be hell.

When we went down last time it was so inevitable for so long that when it came I don’t think anyone really got that upset but tomorrow could be one of, if not the worst days in our history.

If we manage to stay up it will be more relief than celebration, just hope we have the same attitude and application as Tuesday.

I think we are playing well enough and not making those stupid mistakes (looking at you Mings!) at the moment so I don't think we will lose.  Of course the ref and VAR still have the ability to completely screw us for no reason so I'm hoping we get a bit of luck on that front.

I'm mostly worried about the unexpected. The penalty and red card conceded in the first 10 minutes by either ourselves or Arsenal! 

On general performance I feel reassured we won't be horrible, but nerves can do a funny thing. I think Bournemouth will win so we can't afford to lose