Pre Match Thread - Villa's Last Stand !

Paul33

On 22/07/2020 at 12:19, rjw63 said:

I've been forecasting relegation for months now. There really hasn't been any hope whatsoever.

Until now.

So, you **** better deliver now, Villa. Make sure I have to eat the worlds biggest humble pie. I'd very much enjoy every spoonful.

Same here. We both know what that means.

I’m feeling pretty worried about it all, I know that it’s just football but it is occupying quite a lot of my brain space today.

Before the restart this is what I really needed, something for my anxious brain to focus on other than a deadly virus. So I suppose I got my wish! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

More stressed than playoff final day right now

Me too. I was quite confident we'd win that (which was VERY unlike me). This one, dire foreboding. 

At least with the playoff final I could sink many cans of Stella and sing my lungs out on the green. This is like torture, we can’t do anything to affect what happens, we just have to sit and wait. None of my family really understand, they show interest but don’t really feel it like you or I do. 

Tomorrow will be agony. I’m taking myself off fishing down the river at 6.30am, might just throw myself in 😂

13 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

At least with the playoff final I could sink many cans of Stella and sing my lungs out on the green. This is like torture, we can’t do anything to affect what happens, we just have to sit and wait. None of my family really understand, they show interest but don’t really feel it like you or I do. 

Tomorrow will be agony. I’m taking myself off fishing down the river at 6.30am, might just throw myself in 😂

I'll join you 😁

• Haha 1

Worried more about Bournemouth than Watford.

Glad that we've come back much stronger after the restart, come what may it fills me with hope for next year.

Hope that post game if we lose the reaction is measured both at the club and VT, as we will all be gutted. If we look at other clubs across the city or up north it can always be worse!

• Like 1

Hopefully the same starting eleven again

If anyone is struggling if they ain’t got BT download Navscore it’s on both iOS and Android, quality app and its free + if you have a smart tv you can get the link and go onto your web browser on your tv and have it thru that, never had any issues with buffering only downside it’s about a minute behind 

• Like 1

If match was on Sky I would probably watch it but don’t have BT .

Dont think I can bear “there’s been a goal at Goodison,London Stadium “ etc

Cant bear this is the table as it stands now ..only show the table when the game has finished!

I will have to turn my phone off,leave the house for a couple of hours and find something to do without hearing any football news.Its a bit like that episode of The Likely Lads where they try to not hear the result of a big England game.

I can feel the nerves building up,tomorrow  is going to be unbearable.Whats the betting that VAR is going to have a big part to play?I hope Kevin Friend has no responsibilities in Watford or Bournemouth games .

Edited by Only2McInallys

If we were all offered before the restart that it would be in our hands going into the final game of the season we would have all been more than happy with that, doesn't make it any less stressful though,just hope in a season of var controversy that relegation isn't decided by some bad decision.

• Like 2

On 24/07/2020 at 20:37, wedge said:

I'm calling it now. Bournemouth will stay up and us and Watford will drop. I just think they'll win at Goodison.

Come on Wedge, that's impossible, even for a computer. 

15 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Found a way to deal with the pressure, Everytime I think about the game I start the theme from Fraggle Rock in my mind and auto repeat until the football thought is banished (It also helps visualising the video to the tune)

I've found a better way. 

gmgob.10yov21.jpg

• Like 2