Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/07/20 at 22:59

11 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Is Deans position Head coach or manager. I think its head coach. I have seen no change to the continual leaking of goals by the defence. Is he coaching them ?, are they following what he has coached ?. Either his coaching is not working  / has not been working all season OR the players are not doing what he has asked / have not been doing what he has asked all season.

I think this is not just a matter of opinion it shows in goals against that one of the above is correct.

So it stands to reason that either he is not a good enough coach or not a good enough manager to make people do as he asks. There for he has to go. I was so pleased he came to Villa. I'm not so chuffed now. Taxi for Dean 

Or half his best players are injured, and the remaining players aren't good enough or are burnt out!?

I'm not saying Dean is a world class manager. Clearly he has his flaws. But his options at centre forward and winger are some of the worst players I've ever seen play in the Premier League. You're expecting miracles.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Just nonsense. We have defended really well since lockdown, despite injuries to Heaton, Engels, Guilbert and Taylor.

Smith has organised our defence well since lockdown, but unfortunately he has no decent attacking options since Samatta, Davis, El Ghazi, and Trezeguet are all relegation quality, and not quick enough to hit teams on the break.

Every non-Villa fan I’ve spoken to about our recent performances agrees with this. For some reason, some fans on VT think a better coach could have turned all these players into world class performers with some better coaching drills or half time team talks. It’s nonsense.

Sadly its not nonsense......I sincerely wish it was.

since lock down we have defended better, we have stopped the haemorraging of goals thats correct......but tonight when our lives depended on it, normal service was resumed.

as soon as we scored ,we done it again......surrendered the initiative, ( once that happens anything goes) we had minutes to go to see out a crucial win and a full back who would be better suited to the ballet failed to cut out a header from hardly the most prolific of headers of the ball, it lack courage, focus , desire, awareness.....you can join in if you want to.....it was a defeatist attempt.....it was shadow boxing, in boxing terminology.

If you feel that, that kind of thing is ok, you are much happier than me.

• Like 2

Just now, TRO said:

Sadly its not nonsense......I sincerely wish it was.

since lock down we have defended better, we have stopped the haemorraging of goals thats correct......but tonight when our lives depended on it, normal service was resumed.

as soon as we scored ,we done it again......surrendered the initiative, ( once that happens anything goes) we had minutes to go to see out a crucial win and a full back who would be better suited to the ballet failed to cut out a header from hardly the most prolific of headers of the ball, it lack courage, focus , desire, awareness.....you can join in if you want to.....it was a defeatist attempt.....it was shadow boxing, in boxing terminology.

If you feel that, that kind of thing is ok, you are much happier than me.

I'm not saying it's ok at all, don't put words in my mouth.

I'm saying you're blaming the wrong man.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Is Deans position Head coach or manager. I think its head coach. I have seen no change to the continual leaking of goals by the defence. Is he coaching them ?, are they following what he has coached ?. Either his coaching is not working  / has not been working all season OR the players are not doing what he has asked / have not been doing what he has asked all season.

I think this is not just a matter of opinion it shows in goals against that one of the above is correct.

So it stands to reason that either he is not a good enough coach or not a good enough manager to make people do as he asks. There for he has to go. I was so pleased he came to Villa. I'm not so chuffed now. Taxi for Dean 

I think he is Head Coach, so he can duck any responsibility for the players bought....I suspect his authority is less prominent than a manager.

It spooks me when the man running the team is a coach and the man buying the players is a director.....seems arse about face to me, but what do I know....I am just a Dinosaur.

21 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I'm not saying it's ok at all, don't put words in my mouth.

I'm saying you're blaming the wrong man.

I am not blaming anybody, its collective, but he prepares the team.....but as every game passes, I get more info to help me.....his interviews do not fill me with glee.

I just have many unanswered questions and I am very dubious of people who preside over such poor performance that will quite likely result in relegation and turn it in to everything will be alright next season..."stay with it" kind of speak.

so far, nothing gives me the remotest inklin that, that will happen.

Edited by TRO

19 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Or half his best players are injured, and the remaining players aren't good enough or are burnt out!?

I'm not saying Dean is a world class manager. Clearly he has his flaws. But his options at centre forward and winger are some of the worst players I've ever seen play in the Premier League. You're expecting miracles.

but Samatta was better than this, when he first arrived.

4 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I think a better manager would've had us 10 points better off this season. The amount of points lost from winning positions is ridiculous. 

Very true! This capitulation that happens every time during the last 20 mins when we are ahead is so draining you just know the opposition are going to press and press until they score it's so ****ing predictable! And it's down to Smith. 

I've not completely accepted the Championship next season yet but I reckon I'm just kidding myself.

How can we play so well for periods then just give it up ffs I hate football!

A friend texted me a few minutes before the Walcott goal and said something nice about Villa. I said just wait. Two minutes later they score. Its unbearable, the relentless pile of shit Villa dump on us year after year.

• Like 1

Taking four points from Everton isn't going to send us down. Its is the other results like losing twice to crappy Bournemouth and Watford away.

Anyway Everton are nowhere near the drop but nowhere near doing anything else. All their fans are miserable as sin. If we do really, really, really well we could be like Everton in a few years. Great. I'd rather have some thrills and spills in the Championship for a few years than just being a non-enity spending hundreds of millions of pounds in trending water in the Premier (the best league in the world) League.

Edited by The Fun Factory

13 hours ago, M_Afro said:

He is so weak. He was scared to attack that ball. Andy Gray would have sent the ball, the defender and the keeper into the net. AEG can eff off. He is a pussy

Yeah and the VAR would have ruled it out 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Taking four points from Everton isn't going to send us down. Its is the other results like losing twice to crappy Bournemouth and Watford away.

Anyway Everton are nowhere near the drop but nowhere near doing anything else. All their fans are miserable as sin. If we do really, really, really well we could be like Everton in a few years. Great. I'd rather have some thrills and spills in the Championship for a few years than just being a non-enity spending hundreds of millions of pounds in trending water in the Premier (the best league in the world) League.

This.

Those two fixtures are a massive pointer to why we are at the bottom.

And losing 21 points from winning positions.

And not scoring goals.

And defence leaking like a sieve.

Ohhhhh balls.

spacer.png

Edited by rjw63

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

This.

Those two fixtures are a massive pointer to why we are at the bottom.

And losing 21 points from winning positions.

And not scoring goals.

And defence leaking like a sieve.

Ohhhhh balls.

I know. I know. Let it all out. We need a collective primal scream.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

How do you know any of this. It is pointless to just pull opinions out of the air and present them as facts.

Exactly, I'm so tired of seeing this.

Alot of them have literally just run with the opinions of other fans and slowly turned it into "Fact".

Based on nothing but, said opinions of other fans.

• Like 1

I've just seen the Everton goal.

Three minutes left and we give a free header to a dwarf six yards out. Shocking.

Also saw El Ghazi's miss..

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, KentVillan said:

What does this even mean? What can Smith do about his second choice winger being incapable of tucking the ball away into an open goal? What point are you trying to make here? Whatever it is, I don’t agree.

The fact is, we played well on the whole last night and yet people still take joy in constantly criticising. Give credit where it's due. The boys gave it there all, well most of them, and for that they should be applauded. Like I said, we still have a decent chance of avoiding the drop. Arsenal have a big game this weekend in which their only hope of silverware lies. Hopefully Citeh give them another spanking and by the time they come to Villa Park their totally deflated. 

Keep the faith. 

• Like 1

Still hurts this one, stayed off VT last night, thought it would be in full meltdown mode 😜

I thought we played quite well after the first 10 minutes and perhaps until the last 10 (crucially) - Think we deserved the 3 points though, and it's gutting to concede so late, but we've been there before (time and time again).

I thought Smith should have started with Davis - (How anyone thinks Samatta is a better option at the moment I just don't understand, but that's for a different thread), but at least he made the correct subs which contributed to us going in front. The El Ghazi miss from a gilt-edged chance was unforgivable and ultimately cost us 3 points - Can't blame Smith for that. Luiz was different class again, McGinn looked more like his old self, Konsa looks like a good prospect, isn't quite working for Grealish - I think he finds it hard performing in BIG matches, IE Play-off finals, semi-finals, Cup Finals ETC and now relegation battles - I think it's because he truly loves the club and it means more to him than anyone else. Trez was absolutely abysmal again, he really is a funny player to watch (Ok, well not if you're a Villa fan) - he is shockingly bad, but would have probably buried that El Ghazi chance with aplomb (let's face it, you and I would have!).

A point away at Everton would usually be a great result, but unfortunately the circumstance that surrounds us means it was miserably two-points dropped and perhaps our Premier League status along with it. Having said that I still think we can beat Arsenal and West Ham I really do, our performances (Chelsea aside) haven't been that bad though we are where we are for a reason and however much it hurts we only have ourselves to blame.

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Exactly, I'm so tired of seeing this.

Alot of them have literally just run with the opinions of other fans and slowly turned it into "Fact".

Based on nothing but, said opinions of other fans.

Utter bullshit.  The original comment was about signing maupay and Benrahma. The other poster suggested I was pulling facts from thin air.  It's not based on nothing its.based on common sense, articles and good sources and managers comments.   Let me.ask you a question , donyou think grealish will go? If the answer is yes I would.ask why?  Are you pulling facts from thin air. There is a big difference between possibly  grealish going to a.manchester club and grealish going to barca. Ask yourself why?   Common sense or something you've read maybe .

9 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Mate I always bring up how painful it is for me to know that, at one stage, us, Tottenham and Everton were virtually neck and neck. (In and around Europe etc)

As a matter of fact we were probably the more successful of the trio.

The only difference is we have been terribly run, and made terrible decisions, so here we are.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN