Pre Match Thread - Villa's Last Stand !

Paul33

7 hours ago, Enda said:

Think we’d stay up if we got 9 more points.

Don't see us getting 9 points though.

9 points would only see us stay up if Watford and West Ham both didn’t get 2 more points. I don’t think even that will be enough. 

We won’t get there though, you’re right

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

9 points would only see us stay up if Watford and West Ham both didn’t get 2 more points. I don’t think even that will be enough. 

Surely in that scenario we only need one of them not to get two more points not both? 

I'm trying to think what would be the most Villa thing to happen today. Finally win when it's too late or down tools and meekly surrender. Neither of which would surprise me.

Regardless, I won't be watching, it's a beautiful day outside and I won't let this team ruin my Sunday.

27 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Surely in that scenario we only need one of them not to get two more points not both? 

Yeah. I meant if they both get two more points we’re still down. 

But doesn’t matter. My original post wasn’t serious. There’s no way we’re winning 3 more games

• Like 1

With McGinn not looking fit after his injury, Conor being well, Conor and Lansbury and Drinkwater having no legs; I’d seriously consider giving Ramsey a run. There’s no crowd to get on anyone’s backs. It will be a good Learning curve for him and Palace would be unprepared for him. 

We have to score a goal to win so no point nitting this up and trying to keep it tight for 70 mins.

Wingers are shite, if Fred and Targett are fit then put them in a wing back system, get Jack in the middle in front of Dougie and McGinn and stick Samatta and Davis up front. No point playing Davis if we are going to stick Konsa and Taylor out wide again.

Mathematically we can stay up. I have accepted relegation.

If we roll over and go out without a whimper  I will be bloody annoyed, if we play as we can, win the next three and still go down. I will be bloody annoyed that we didn't do it earlier .                 No pleasing me today 

• Like 4

Its important that we finish the season on a high, no matter the division we end up in.

I'd like to see a return to the high press attacking game now. Draws are useless now, and we may as well get back to a more positive way of playing that we will be adopting next year again.

We’ll lose by a couple of goals IMO, and if I’m totally honest, I hope they score early so I can turn it off and watch a good movie before I go to bed... (kick off is at 20.15 where I am)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, villadude said:

We’ll lose by a couple of goals IMO, and if I’m totally honest, I hope they score early so I can turn it off and watch a good movie before I go to bed... (kick off is at 20.15 where I am)

Glad you added the comment in brackets. I was getting concerned!

• Haha 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

What changes did you expect?

Well I wouldn’t have had konsa at right back I’d have moved him into the centre with Guilbert starting, and wouldn’t have played trezeguet and had a few of the youngsters like Ramsey Barry on the bench

• Thanks 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Does anybody else just skim over the starting XI in the last few games and then decides it doesnt matter anyway?  I thinking that when i see the team sheet it will be something exciting but I know it cant be as we dont have any other options, so I see the teamsheet and my eyes go blurry as it just looks like the same people with different names.  Like when I'm on a diet and I have to have those microwave dinners and I open the freezer and hope something tasty in there but then I see what there is and it's the same bland food!

• Like 1