Pre Match Thread - Villa's Last Stand !

Paul33

Absolute last chance saloon tomorrow. We are down either way but 3 points at least postpones the inevitable.

Will be interesting to see how we act, if we go for it or if we down tools like Norwich did today.

• Like 2

I'll attempt at an 11 as there's nothing positive to do:                 

Reina

Guilbert Konza Mings Hause

El Ghazi Hourihane Luiz Grealish

McGinn

Davis

On 10/07/2020 at 08:07, Paul33 said:

No ifs, no buts, no messing ..... its win this one or be relegated. Time for the real Villa to step forward ? Fight like Lions ?

I'd love it but it's hard to see that happening. We've been more like cubs.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Will be interesting to see how we act, if we go for it or if we down tools like Norwich did today.

If it's anything like the first fraud of a goal we conceeded against Man Utd then we already have out answer.

1 hour ago, supermon said:

I'll attempt at an 11 as there's nothing positive to do:                 

Reina

Guilbert Konza Mings Hause

Hourihane Luiz McGinn

Grealish

Davis    Samatta

Is how I would go..

Just go for it in the first 45.. try and kill the game off and then after 60 minutes..

Take off Davis and Samatta and replace with Trez & El Ghazi and reverting in packing out the midfield whilst atill having some attacking pressence and seeing the game out.

Absolute banker 3 points for us tomorrow. They will string us along a bit longer, provide some false hope and then massively mess it up just as we all start to believe. Get your money on it. Banker Villa win. Probably 2-1.

• Haha 1

Palace players should be on the beach so Smith needs to concentrate more on attack than defence.

Concentrating on defence since the re-start has caused Villa's recent dreadful form so he needs to revert back to his own philosophy of attacking football if Villa are to have any chance of staying up.

He must play Grealish in his best position just behind the striker and ask him to drop into midfield when Palace have the ball.

If he again sets the team up conservatively that will envite Palace on and Villa will lose the game.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Benteke finally back to Villa Park.

Shame there is no fans.

Think he played for Liverpool against us in 2016, the relegation season... the 0-6 one. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Sad 1