Pre Match Thread - Villa's Last Stand !

Paul33

21 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Dunno why you don’t think having the youth on the bench is going to help? What’s the point in having Lansbury on it,

This is the same Lansbury who came off the bench at Selhurst Park and scored a perfectly good goal which the ref erroneously ruled out? Yes it's hard to see how he could possibly influence the game at all. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

What's random about a midfield three of luiz, mcginn and hourihane?

Nothing random at all. Given the options on the bench I'd say the line up was well chosen

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

What's random about a midfield three of luiz, mcginn and hourihane?

Nothing random at all. Given the options on the bench I'd say the line up was well chosen

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

I'm trying to think what would be the most Villa thing to happen today. 

There would have to be some kind of ludicrous VAR controversy in addition to whatever self destruct button is selected. 

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This is the same Lansbury who came off the bench at Selhurst Park and scored a perfectly good goal which the ref erroneously rued out? Yes it's hard to see how he could possibly influence the game at all. 

One game out of how many is that? What’s his stats this season for goals and assists? Bet 0 for each 

I really cannot fathom starting Trezeguet over Elghazi. 

Elghazi is an utterly rubbish footballer at this level, but at least he looks like a footballer instead of the Kit Man being allowed a game. 

If Trezeguet has EVER looked even remotely like he can play its been when comming off the bench. 

Personally I would drop both but if you are going to play one regardless it is surely Elghazi? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I disagree, there’s no fans so no pressure on a young lad coming on. Lansbury hasn’t done anything all season. 

No pressure doesn't mean anything. Do you not think if we had a kid good enough for the prem he'd be around the squad?

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

One game out of how many is that? What’s his stats this season for goals and assists? Bet 0 for each 

It was still a contribution which should have earned us a point. I'm merely arguing he clearly does have a purpose and it is within him to contribute. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

It was still a contribution which should have earned us a point. I'm merely arguing he clearly does have a purpose and it is within him to contribute. 

Understand that, but smith never uses him this is why I don’t understand why we have him on the bench since these 9 subs are named, same with having 2 right backs on it today makes no sense

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

Understand that, but smith never uses him this is why I don’t understand why we have him on the bench since these 9 subs are named, same with having 2 right backs on it today makes no sense

Again, I think it shows how shit the squad is. We have 9 places on the bench and we can't fill them with players who can make a difference. 

You're right. We know some of those on the bench have little chance of getting on and even less chance of contributing to the team. 

8 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

So 2 right backs on the bench and a centre back at right back and 2 left footed centre backs.........what a clown

Elmo plays right back but is naturally a right sided midfielder, so two on the bench that can play fight back

10 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Can Sky Sports match Thursday, when every pundit was so ManU that they actually convinced themselves that was actually a penalty? For Neville/ Keane/ Evra maybe Wright/ Bright/ Andrew Johnson ??!

That was so bizarre, shows the power of the echo chamber. Took about 5 minutes and probably a word in his ear before the stance it was a stone wall penalty started softening.

On a related note I hate how they use fans/ex-players of a club to commentate. I want to hear whats actually happening on the pitch not some deluded bias-ridden ramblings.