Pre Match Thread - Villa's Last Stand !

Paul33

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Does anybody else just skim over the starting XI in the last few games and then decides it doesnt matter anyway?  I thinking that when i see the team sheet it will be something exciting but I know it cant be as we dont have any other options, so I see the teamsheet and my eyes go blurry as it just looks like the same people with different names.  Like when I'm on a diet and I have to have those microwave dinners and I open the freezer and hope something tasty in there but then I see what there is and it's the same bland food!

I thought it was just me 

• Like 1

Just now, rbcuk said:

Well I wouldn’t have had konsa at right back I’d have moved him into the centre with Guilbert starting, and wouldn’t have played trezeguet and had a few of the youngsters like Ramsey Barry on the bench

I can see the call for konza to play Central, however I think his crossing has been very good last few games. 

Who plays instead of trez? He's poor but his workrate is better than el ghazi. I can see why he kept his place. 

I'm not sure a load of kids on the bench is going to help much.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Just picking names out of a hat in midfield at this point. 

Next match it’ll be Lansbury nakamba and jack in the middle

What's random about a midfield three of luiz, mcginn and hourihane?

• Like 1

Just now, chrisvilla4 said:

:) thats been me for every match, but not today 

I'll keep checking though! 

I find that worse mate, I then keep refreshing every minute and think about it all game.  Or I leave my phone, just out of reaching distance but then it's worse.  I've done a couple of time over the last ten years when we have been in trouble but feel worse for doing it.  Sitting, facing the pain seems less painful than the dark secret on my phone that could tell me how bad it is.

I need therapy I think!

• Like 1

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

May as well start our Championship pre-season and use the rest as friendly games. 

The way we have played the last six games, that's what we have been doing havent we?🤣

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I can see the call for konza to play Central, however I think his crossing has been very good last few games. 

Who plays instead of trez? He's poor but his workrate is better than el ghazi. I can see why he kept his place. 

I'm not sure a load of kids on the bench is going to help much.

Dunno why you don’t think having the youth on the bench is going to help? What’s the point in having Lansbury on it, he won’t get on and I doubt he’ll be here next season, rather have some of the youth on it as this shower who have played this season obviously ain’t worked as if they had we wouldn’t be 2nd from bottom 

3 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Dunno why you don’t think having the youth on the bench is going to help? What’s the point in having Lansbury on it, he won’t get on and I doubt he’ll be here next season, rather have some of the youth on it as this shower who have played this season obviously ain’t worked as if they had we wouldn’t be 2nd from bottom 

If lansbury can't get on to make a difference then the chances of some 17 year old doing the same is pretty slim. 

If they could offer something they'd be on the bench and in the squad. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

If lansbury can't get on to make a difference then the chances of some 17 year old doing the same is pretty slim. 

Lansbury is shit we only got him as he was forests best player at the time and bruce did the same with other clubs to weaken them, I’d rather see youth given a chance than the likes of lansbury jota and drinkwater

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I disagree, there’s no fans so no pressure on a young lad coming on. Lansbury hasn’t done anything all season. 

• Like 1