Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Norwich would be a great loan for him. If he can cut it in Norwich's bi-yearly promotion charge it will do his development the world of good. 

I hope so. Last season when JPB, Davis and Archer when to the Championship, all had success and been liked by their fans. You could sense the amount of confidence they’ve got last season, it also reflected to other youngsters and gave our management a boost of confidence in them aswell. 
Now we’re loaning our youngsters to Championships, some of them we’re playing in the PL. We’ve sold one who only started twice for 20m. That would give our academy a good PR, and the players to have more faith in themselves or even our whole structure.

Back to AJ, I think Norwich is a good team. Hopefully he can go and play regularly, as it’s hard to get much minutes with us this season.

I think Norwich would be a good loan for him, a team that should dominate possession most games, plays attacking football, will use him in the right way, that is play him as an attacking midfielder giving him plenty of license to get forward, and of course Deam Smith and Shakespeare will have some knowledge of him, and probably more crucially Liam Bramley who coached him and won the FA Youth Cup with him in our academy.

If he does go to Norwich, will playing at an higher level than most of the other highly rated England U19s that have gone out on loan, James Balgizi is with Crawley, Dane Scarlett Portsmouth, Daniel Oyegoke MK Dons, Callum Doyle Coventry, and Charlie Patino Blackpool, Liam Delap possibly going to Stoke.

Depends whether or not they would actually play him. They had Gilmour on loan from Chelsea last season and I don't recall him really getting a chance. I guess he wasn't a Smith signing though if i remember correctly.

2 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Depends whether or not they would actually play him. They had Gilmour on loan from Chelsea last season and I don't recall him really getting a chance. I guess he wasn't a Smith signing though if i remember correctly.

Smith played him nearly every game he was fit, Farke didnt play him though Gilmour wasnt very good for Norwich

Would be an excellent move for him and at his age a superb level to test him at. If he cuts it in the Championship and he helps them with promotion then there's no reason he can be part of the first team squad with us next season. 

So what would that be from Academy in last few years

Jack sold 100m (way over his real value). Carney sold 20m (way over what we should have got with under 1Y left on contract)

We'll have JJ and Cam in the first team squad, Aaron, KKH and Tim all likely getting a Championship loan or be in first team squad. 

It's looking good so far

• Like 3

Top of Champ is such a great place for him.

The risk would probably be Deano getting the sack and new guy not fancying him, but he will if he's scoring every other game!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Jack sold 100m (way over his real value). Carney sold 20m (way over what we should have got with under 1Y left on contract)

We'll have JJ and Cam in the first team squad, Aaron, KKH and Tim all likely getting a Championship loan or be in first team squad. 

It's looking good so far

+ at least 1 CB from that group, i don't see how none of them make it, will be really disappointing for me

I'm really rooting for Barry, he's the one that I want to come good 

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's looking good so far

Chukwuemeka only had a year left on his contract and we got £20m for him? I hadn’t realised that, it’s good business from the club for an 18 year old, no matter how talented they are

I’m anxious about this one. He’s a great talent, but I fear it may be a step up too soon. If he gets regular minutes then it’s perfect, but with a lot of pressure in promotion for them, he might not get as many minutes.

5 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

I’m anxious about this one. He’s a great talent, but I fear it may be a step up too soon. If he gets regular minutes then it’s perfect, but with a lot of pressure in promotion for them, he might not get as many minutes.

I remember watching him in the u16s a couple of seasons ago, he was outstanding. I knew from then on, he was one to keep an eye on

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I remember watching him in the u16s a couple of seasons ago, he was outstanding. I knew from then on, he was one to keep an eye on

Absolutely, but this is to a team chasing promotion, it’s a massive step up!

3 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Absolutely, but this is to a team chasing promotion, it’s a massive step up!

Agreed, he shouldn’t be rushed, he is a special talent. If memory serves, he was at Cheltenham on loan last season, anyone know how he did there?

He doesn't have to be a regular starter, as long as he's getting regular game time, he'd get more from a loan to a club like Norwich where he will be used right, playing in a team that plays good football, than he would going to a lesser team at a lower level, where he might play more, but they might not necessarily use him right, and they might not necessarily play the kind of football that suits him.

I feel like Norwich would be perfect, as not only is Smith there, but also Liam Bramley who knows him very well as was his manager at academy level, and given that the Norwich coaching staff know him very well, I think we can take from that if they were to loan him in, they would be doing it with the intention of using him, as for them it's not a punt, they know what he can do.

If Archer and Philogene-Bidace can perform at Championship level, and the likes of Irogebunam, and Keslery-Hayden are deemed good enough for that level, then I see no reason why Ramsey can't play at that level too, I think only question marks around him is his size, but he would have that whether League Two, Championship, or Premier League, I'm sure his loan last season would have helped with that, ability wise he's one of our very best.

I wouldn't have been against him staying with us and taking Carney's place in the first team squad.

• Like 1

Â