Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

5 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

I’ve been thinking this…

Imagine being a pair of lads from Great Barr playing FIFA growing up, idolising players like Gerrard and Coutinho…

and then them being your manager and team mate…

What an opportunity to learn… They must be pinching themselves and wondering when they are going to wake up to go to training with Brett Holman 😂

Currently Great Barr has an England u21 star and 2 England u19 stars.  Something in the water there it seems . And ever so slowly  its getting closer and closer to a point where all 3 might be starting for Villa in the same team for years to come 

• Like 2

If it wasn't for a good save from the Israel keeper, he would have had another brilliant assist today, having a good tournament, been one of England's best players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

If it wasn't for a good save from the Israel keeper, he would have had another brilliant assist today, having a good tournament, been one of England's best players.

Potentially a very, very high ceiling. Could easily be the best of the lot 

• Like 1

Hopefully get to see him with the first team in pre-season, see how he does after his Cheltenham experience, and then try and find the right loan for him next season, seeing suggestions that he should go back to League One, but I think at the right club he's more than capable of playing in the Championship, but would probably need somewhere where's he's got more freedom to get forward.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, useless said:

Hopefully get to see him with the first team in pre-season, see how he does after his Cheltenham experience, and then try and find the right loan for him next season, seeing suggestions that he should go back to League One, but I think at the right club he's more than capable of playing in the Championship, but would probably need somewhere where's he's got more freedom to get forward.

Going with a lot of guesswork here... He might be OK for the lower end of the championship but then which teams at that end would play the kind of football that would see him get a good role there? 

Might be better in a promotion chasing league 1 team that played good attacking football and tried to play through him 

Even as an example I wouldn't want him (or anyone for that matter) to go to Steve Bruce's West Brom, he would be absolutely wasted there

• Like 3

At Cheltenham from what I've read it sound like he was used as more of a traditional central midfielder, which he's probably fine at to a degree, it's where he played for our U23s, but at this stage and maybe in the longer term I think he's probably more suited to playing further forward as a first team player, almost like a No.10; for example I think he'd do better in the championship as a No.10 than he would in League One playing as a 8, so it's about finding the right club for him.

He's got a very good U23 record, he's been an ever present in all the England age groups that he's been available for, captaining them on many occasions, he didn't disgrace himself last season with Cheltenham, he's got a pretty good reputation in the game, I could see maybe Championship clubs like Coventry and Blackpool being interest in him.

If Archer can thrive in the Championship in the right set-up, then certainly so can Ramsey.

If it is to be the League One for him though, then Charlton could be a good option, Ben Garner now their manager did well with Kesler-Hayden and Barry last season when he was with Swindon, if not Ramsey then wouldn't be surprised to see them end up with another of our youngsters on loan.

2 hours ago, useless said:

At Cheltenham from what I've read it sound like he was used as more of a traditional central midfielder, which he's probably fine at to a degree, it's where he played for our U23s, but at this stage and maybe in the longer term I think he's probably more suited to playing further forward as a first team player, almost like a No.10; for example I think he'd do better in the championship as a No.10 than he would in League One playing as a 8, so it's about finding the right club for him.

He's got a very good U23 record, he's been an ever present in all the England age groups that he's been available for, captaining them on many occasions, he didn't disgrace himself last season with Cheltenham, he's got a pretty good reputation in the game, I could see maybe Championship clubs like Coventry and Blackpool being interest in him.

If Archer can thrive in the Championship in the right set-up, then certainly so can Ramsey.

If it is to be the League One for him though, then Charlton could be a good option, Ben Garner now their manager did well with Kesler-Hayden and Barry last season when he was with Swindon, if not Ramsey then wouldn't be surprised to see them end up with another of our youngsters on loan.

It’s a shame we didn’t loan him out last summer, as a full year under his belt in league 1 would have set him up perfectly for a stint in the championship you’d have thought. Seems like he did OK at Cheltenham so hopefully he can step up to another level. Another spell in league 1 would probably be far better than going back to the u23’s but would seem like a bit of a sideways step. 

The problem with placing Aaron on loan somewhere is his position. He is a 10 . Not a winger.maybe a right midfielder in a 442 .  And not really an 8. In the right team he will be a big success. But which teams in the Champ and League 1 play with a 10 . 

Been MOTM for me, you can see he has a footballing brain where a lot of the others don’t. His decision making and movement off the ball has been very good., oh and he scored a goal. 

Â