The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

23 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Is this brown sauce a thing over in England? I can't abide any of the HP stuff.

IMG_1401-scaled.jpg

You are going to start an absolute shit storm if you come on here and say you can't abide HP Brown Sauce. 

That said I can't think of anything more annoying, literally nothing more annoying than when I've ordered ketchup on my breakfast sandwich (which I ALWAYS do) and open it up one to find they've put the Devils sauce on instead. 

50 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm sorry but...

LN_041312_BP_3.jpgor even.....LN_656539_BP_11.jpgare better than LN_034605_BP_11.jpg

Heinz is unquestionably the best mass market ketchup and even with my anti Heinz campaign I wouldn't swap that out for another mass market brand. 

The one top left, what is that? I can't make it out but it looks a whole lot like what you used to get at All Bar One which is definitely a heavenly ketchup. 

27 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You are going to start an absolute shit storm if you come on here and say you can't abide HP Brown Sauce. 

Aren't we all supposed to hate HP now since they  moved out of Aston to go to Holland?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Aren't we all supposed to hate HP now since they  moved out of Aston to go to Holland?

I agree (see my micro half hearted Heinz campaign) but the masses still love their Brown Sauce and especially HP, my wife wouldn't be without it which is why I am watching her carefully.  Very carefully......

33 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Heinz is unquestionably the best mass market ketchup and even with my anti Heinz campaign I wouldn't swap that out for another mass market brand. 

The one top left, what is that? I can't make it out but it looks a whole lot like what you used to get at All Bar One which is definitely a heavenly ketchup. 

Tiptree, you know, the people that make jam

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I agree (see my micro half hearted Heinz campaign) but the masses still love their Brown Sauce and especially HP, my wife wouldn't be without it which is why I am watching her carefully.  Very carefully......

Its more a case that I was brought up with Chef which has a completely different taste. Have never tried it in tea though.

• Haha 1

Working my way through the topic - boring fact of the day re Weetabix , I did the product research on the chocolate variety before it was launched , at no stage during testing did we let people put warm milk on it though 

34 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Working my way through the topic - boring fact of the day re Weetabix , I did the product research on the chocolate variety before it was launched , at no stage during testing did we let people put warm milk on it though 

_iDOTip0_400x400.jpg

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Then your testing was inadequate. 

Sometimes it's worth saving the best until last. That said, tea last night, I was full up before the end and had to give the other half the nicest part of the meal as I'd left it for last. These are the risks we take. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Sometimes it's worth saving the best until last.

See, that's her argument when pressed but surely you want to be eating the best piece whilst it's still at that sweet-spot just between hot and warm?  If you're leaving the middle to the very end it'll be lukewarm at best.

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

My wife eats pizza crust first, working her way to the middle.

This is weird, is it not?

No. It's what I do, on the already established principle of 'worst first, best last' - that is if I'm eating it with a knife and fork, which only happens in a restaurant. Takeaway is different. There, I'd cut it into wedges (if not pre-cut), eat with fingers, and start with the nice, middle bits. When I get to the crust, I may discard it entirely if it's particularly dry, or eat it if it's a stuffed crust. 

• Like 1

On 28/05/2020 at 09:55, Seat68 said:

Curry and Chips you say. 

Holy Jayzus.

:crylaugh: :crylaugh::crylaugh:

"I think we've ticked all the boxes there boss."
"What boxes?"
"Oh the boxes don't even exist yet, but they will, and we've ticked them all".

:lol:

Â