The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My best mate is the same. He and his missus are part of our gang that has frequent holidays together

homer simpson GIF

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't know if it was how I was brought up or genetic or what, but I'm like that.

Don't get me wrong, that's not how I eat. But I have to consciously control my portion sizes all the time to avoid that. My nature is just to eat as much as possible. When I was younger I used to order stuff in a restaurant based on portion size almost exclusively. I wouldn't order anything I didn't like, but if my favourite dish on the menu was half the size of my 10th favourite dish, I'd order my 10th favourite dish.

I read about a condition once that meant you were always hungry and wondered if I had something like that. I'm almost never full. If I eat a particularly large meal I reckon I'm full for about half an hour and then I can eat again.

If ate what I wanted when I was hungry I'd be morbidly obese

Back in my fatty bum bum days I could eat a shit load. Sophie's choice in Cotteridge used to do 2 large pizzas and chicken wings, with 2 cans of Dr Pepper. Every Friday night I'd order it just in time for German football on Setanta, and I'd finish everything before the first half ended. 

'kin state of me, looking back.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't know if it was how I was brought up or genetic or what, but I'm like that.

Don't get me wrong, that's not how I eat. But I have to consciously control my portion sizes all the time to avoid that. My nature is just to eat as much as possible. When I was younger I used to order stuff in a restaurant based on portion size almost exclusively. I wouldn't order anything I didn't like, but if my favourite dish on the menu was half the size of my 10th favourite dish, I'd order my 10th favourite dish.

I read about a condition once that meant you were always hungry and wondered if I had something like that. I'm almost never full. If I eat a particularly large meal I reckon I'm full for about half an hour and then I can eat again.

If ate what I wanted when I was hungry I'd be morbidly obese

I’m similar, I’ve never been skinny, but also not huge. I’m probably a bit overweight at the moment. 
But I always feel hungry, I’ve seen mates who are a lot bigger than me struggle to complete all their food when I’ve eaten loads more than them. 
Worst is if I go to an all you can eat Buffett. I will eventually be full, but get home and within half an hr I’ll be wanting something sweet to eat. 
During lockdown, I’ve been eating so much more biscuits and chocolate bars than normal. Weight is starting to pile back on despite me exercising more than normal, so I’ve got to start cutting back again.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m similar, I’ve never been skinny, but also not huge. I’m probably a bit overweight at the moment. 
But I always feel hungry, I’ve seen mates who are a lot bigger than me struggle to complete all their food when I’ve eaten loads more than them. 
Worst is if I go to an all you can eat Buffett. I will eventually be full, but get home and within half an hr I’ll be wanting something sweet to eat. 
During lockdown, I’ve been eating so much more biscuits and chocolate bars than normal. Weight is starting to pile back on despite me exercising more than normal, so I’ve got to start cutting back again.

Yep I know that buffet feeling. 

Eat until it hurts and then get home and have an ice cream :D 

Uni was the turning point for me. Stopped playing sport and piled a shit load of weight on. Then lost it again in my mid 20's and so far have managed to keep most of it off. This past year is probably the biggest I've been since uni so I'm fixing it now

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

When I lived on my own I used to order a takeaway on the weekend (and this was when I'd lost all my weight, just as a cheat day) and I'd be so embarrassed by how much food I'd ordered that when I opened up the door to the delivery guy I'd shout up the stairs "FOOD'S HERE!". There was nobody upstairs.

Been there, done that. Like the guy doesn't know you're a weeping, greasy chubster just from opening the door. That's my experience, anyway.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

and would have ketchup instead of homemade gravy with a roast instead. I really need to delete his number.

There really is only one punishment to fit that crime. What a sicko

firing-squad-gif-6.gif

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

On a side from that - I've eaten bear... Was in a good restaurant in St Petersburg so hard to imagine they were bullshitting me, it was a bear burger, was OK, nothing that special

I've tried a bear burger too but found them a bit gummy.

Had to wash it down with a Coca Koala.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Are you absolutely 100% certain it wasn't just that your chocolate fondant were a bit shit and he was just being polite?

No promises about the quality of my baking, but I assure you he's positively deranged when it comes to food.

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

There really is only one punishment to fit that crime. What a sicko

firing-squad-gif-6.gif

He's a type 1 diabetic with a chocolate addiction. I'm happy to wait for nature to do its work.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

I accept this is probably an absurd admission, but I've only recently 'discovered' mustard. Wholegrain is just fantastic (mash, sandwiches, just eating in general), English is good but not my preference (roast beef), there's definitely a place for Dijon and American too. American mustard on burgers is fantastic.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, hogso said:

I accept this is probably an absurd admission, but I've only recently 'discovered' mustard. Wholegrain is just fantastic (mash, sandwiches, just eating in general), English is good but not my preference (roast beef), there's definitely a place for Dijon and American too. American mustard on burgers is fantastic.

Agreed. I like both English and French mustard, depending on context. Still not convinced about German, mind.

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Agreed. I like both English and French mustard, depending on context. Still not convinced about German, mind.

You don't like senf! 

Its OK, something of nothing sat in between English and dijon not really strong enough or interesting enough

However handlmaiers bavarian mustard which is a bit like honey mustard is awesome stuff - that's sweeter house maker (house wifes) mustard

See the source image

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Apparently there are rules that mean I am not supposed to mix chicken and egg. I like Chicken kiev and a fried egg. This makes me, apparently, a **** Alf Garnett word. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Apparently there are rules that mean I am not supposed to mix chicken and egg. I like Chicken kiev and a fried egg. This makes me, apparently, a **** Alf Garnett word. 

Screenshot_20200527_125203_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Back in my fatty bum bum days I could eat a shit load. Sophie's choice in Cotteridge used to do 2 large pizzas and chicken wings, with 2 cans of Dr Pepper. Every Friday night I'd order it just in time for German football on Setanta, and I'd finish everything before the first half ended. 

'kin state of me, looking back.

Oh that takes me back. Sophie’s was just up the road from my parents and we used to frequent there regularly during my teens. That and a kebab shop on vicarage road. 

I’m sure Sophie herself is long gone now as she was no spring chicken back then but she ruled that place with a rod of iron. 

Twenty something years since I left brum and that’s still a place I miss. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Oh that takes me back. Sophie’s was just up the road from my parents and we used to frequent there regularly during my teens. That and a kebab shop on vicarage road. 

I’m sure Sophie herself is long gone now as she was no spring chicken back then but she ruled that place with a rod of iron. 

Twenty something years since I left brum and that’s still a place I miss. 

In my time there was Sophie's Plaice and Sophie's Choice pizza place across the roundabout.

Â