The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

15 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

They don’t know the hell Pet Sounds is. I am still trying to get over that. 

I do love a bit of Pet Shop Boys :trollface:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

My wife eats pizza crust first, working her way to the middle.

This is weird, is it not?

I get the saving the best until last. But the crust serves a purpose on a pizza. It's a handle. Eating it first is weird

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I get the saving the best until last. But the crust serves a purpose on a pizza. It's a handle. Eating it first is weird

I bet she eats the crusty ridge of a pasty first and looks like a right bell end when the filling is just slapped across her chops.

These people are best just left alone as they serve no real purpose to society.

• Haha 1

I used to cut the crusts off toast except for the upper crust. And then one day I just sort of looked at my toast and decided from now on I'm going to leave the crusts on.

Edited by useless
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I bet she eats the crusty ridge of a pasty first and looks like a right bell end when the filling is just slapped across her chops.

Eats the bun off the bottom of a burger and gets covered in some disc-shaped "meat" substance, some yellow snot and gherkins.

Ok here’s one for you guys, at the football and only then, I eat a pie upside down. Tip it out the foil onto the tray of chips, use the fork to cut a circle around the base of the pie and eat that bit. Dip my chips into the pie occasionally. Then scoop out the filling with the fork and eat that. Then pick up the top and sides and eat with fingers. Yep it is weird. I think it started that I picked it up to bite into once and got burnt by the inside and then the filling dropped out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Ok here’s one for you guys, at the football and only then, I eat a pie upside down. Tip it out the foil onto the tray of chips, use the fork to cut a circle around the base of the pie and eat that bit. Dip my chips into the pie occasionally. Then scoop out the filling with the fork and eat that. Then pick up the top and sides and eat with fingers. Yep it is weird. I think it started that I picked it up to bite into once and got burnt by the inside and then the filling dropped out.

standard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

This has reminded me that on a work trip to Italy once a girl with us didn't eat crusts, so when she got her pizza (unsliced) she used a knife and fork and started from the middle and worked her way out. So at the end she was left with a perfect unbroken circle of crust.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This has reminded me that on a work trip to Italy once a girl with us didn't eat crusts, so when she got her pizza (unsliced) she used a knife and fork and started from the middle and worked her way out. So at the end she was left with a perfect unbroken circle of crust.

I bet that was fun for ya.

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

To be fair I will ALWAYS go for sausage over bacon. 

With this, is actually agree with you.

I find bacon in a fry up to be too salty. I like a bacon sarnie, I like bacon in main dishes, but in a cooked breakfast it isn’t for me.

And given the option of bacon or sausage sarnie, sausage every time. 

• Like 1

For years my Friday morning cafe sandwich was bacon with then paying the 40p or whatever it was for add bacon 

Sausage can't lace bacons boots, especially seeing as most cafes use horrible cheap sausages

If you go top quality butchers product then sausage starts to close the gap but ass end of the market sausages can get in the sea and if you go top quality butchers product then black pudding overtakes a sausage 

• Like 4

I much prefer bacon to sausage if having a sandwich. But if I do have sausage it’s gotta be turkey sausages with caramelised onion, sriracha sauce on some nice multi seed bread. Pork sausage on white bread with ketchup is beneath me nowadays. 

37 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

AKA 'America'. 

There is a place for it though! 

Went to New York in Dec, first morning I'm up and straight in to the diner under my hotel, 3 NYPD cars outside, Latino waitress, not been decorated since the smoking ban so yellow ceiling tiles, booming out new York radio playing Xmas songs, I ordered French toast with sausage, bacon and scrambled eggs, bacon is of course crispy, cover the hot stuff in tobasco, cover the toast in icing sugar and syrup, drink my free glass of ice water, watch my wife pull faces at their coffee sit back and enjoy americana

Wouldnt do that outside of America though, same as I won't eat and English breakfast at a cafe outside of the UK 

And I always go scrambled eggs at a cafe, less chance of getting them wrong, I can't stand fried eggs with the scrapings of the pan stuck to the bottom and outright won't eat a fried egg with "egg snot" still sat on the top 

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There is a place for it though! 

Went to New York in Dec, first morning I'm up and straight in to the diner under my hotel, 3 NYPD cars outside, Latino waitress, not been decorated since the smoking ban so yellow ceiling tiles, booming out new York radio playing Xmas songs, I ordered French toast with sausage, bacon and scrambled eggs, bacon is of course crispy, cover the hot stuff in tobasco, cover the toast in icing sugar and syrup, drink my free glass of ice water, watch my wife pull faces at their coffee sit back and enjoy americana

Wouldnt do that outside of America though, same as I won't eat and English breakfast at a cafe outside of the UK 

And I always go scrambled eggs at a cafe, less chance of getting them wrong, I can't stand fried eggs with the scrapings of the pan stuck to the bottom and outright won't eat a fried egg with "egg snot" still sat on the top 

1cd1c8da20d4d9f0f310437f3434c7a3.jpg

Â