The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

No. It's what I do, on the already established principle of 'worst first, best last' - that is if I'm eating it with a knife and fork, which only happens in a restaurant. Takeaway is different. There, I'd cut it into wedges (if not pre-cut), eat with fingers, and start with the nice, middle bits. When I get to the crust, I may discard it entirely if it's particularly dry, or eat it if it's a stuffed crust. 

tenor.gif?itemid=16782731

4 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

My wife eats pizza crust first, working her way to the middle.

This is weird, is it not?

I do that as I do with all things.  Eat your least favourite bits first then finish up with your favourite bits.  The last thing on my plate eating a roast dinner will always be a pile of roasties. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

See, that's her argument when pressed but surely you want to be eating the best piece whilst it's still at that sweet-spot just between hot and warm?  If you're leaving the middle to the very end it'll be lukewarm at best.

Why would you want your last experience of that pizza to be some dried up scraggy edge piece with hardly any cheese or sauce when your last mouthful could be lovely cheesy tomatoee middle bit.  Frankly I find eating the crust last to be plain weird. 

• Like 2

Well you don't have to eat the crust at all.  If it's a nice one then I probably will, but I'd prioritise having the best part of a meal when it's at optimum temperature and before I'd started feeling too full to get maximum enjoyment out of it.

On the cutlery point, if it's particularly thin and floppy ("ooh-err" etc.) then I'll happily have at a pizza with a knife and fork.  Like a really thin, stone-baked one where the base hasn't the structural integrity to hold the toppings, then it's cutlery time.  I've seen the alleged "New York/Street"-style of holding that type of pizza like a taco, all squished up but I don't care for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It all ends up the same colour in the end.

EDIT : Unless you wash it all down with red wine.  Then it goes a kind of toy soldier green.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Literally who the **** hell eats the crust on a pizza first. Who. What do you bloody hold on to. **** sake.

When she goes crust first, it is with cutlery.  So the occasions where a pizza is already sliced, then she will eat it "normally"*.

*-no offense intended to the outliers, you do you.  I mean ultimately, if you are eating nice pizza then you're automatically on to a winner no matter the method.

Just now, bickster said:

Piizza wheel is for cutting pizza not a frickin knife and fork. Pizza with a knofe and fork is stone age behaviour

The sad irony is we actually own 4 different pizza wheels. Which I think technically qualifies us as members of the landed gentry.

• Like 1

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Gonna throw it out there but I’m not convinced they had pizza in the Stone Age...........

Where did stonebaked pizza come from then, eh?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Gonna throw it out there but I’m not convinced they had pizza in the Stone Age...........

Why do they cook it in clay ovens then dickhead? 

Clay's well old. 

@everyone, ****' check this knob out! :lol:  

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

The sad irony is we actually own 4 different pizza wheels. Which I think technically qualifies us as members of the landed gentry.

Or a pair of fat bastards.

I have 3 :lol:  

• Haha 2

Â