The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

I always eat pizza with knife and fork but out of necessity. 

My upper teeth just don't work.  I probably should have had a brace as a kid or something If I eat a bacon sandwich I will bite into it and pull away with the top and bottom bit of bread and the whole bacon rasher pulled out of the rest of the sandwich. 

If I bite into a pizza slice I will pull away the whole of the topping with me with a piece of base with a smear of tomato sauce in my hand and cheesy tomato sauce dangling all over my chin and down my shirt. 

• Haha 2

Which reminds me which of you sick beerstewards have your bacon all undercooked and rubbery. 

Bacon should only be consumed when nice and crispy.  OK this means I can bite through it properly as it snaps in half but it is also only edible in that state.  I've had rubbery bacon in the past which has literally made me heave.  Disgusting stuff. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Unless you dislike sausages and/or crumpets.

Sorry, I don't understand what you've just written there. 

confused confusion GIF

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Pikelet > Crumpet

Absolutely. More and more difficult to find these days but by jingo they are just to die for. 

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My upper teeth just don't work.  I probably should have had a brace as a kid or something If I eat a bacon sandwich I will bite into it and pull away with the top and bottom bit of bread and the whole bacon rasher pulled out of the rest of the sandwich. 

You are Ed Milliband and I claim my five pounds 😁👍

CAFE7B42-A3A6-40E8-8117-294344E16FC6.jpeg

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hello, hello. Where has everyone gone to? 

Probably still trying to imagine you eating a pizza with those teeth ;) 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Which reminds me which of you sick beerstewards have your bacon all undercooked and rubbery. 

Bacon should only be consumed when nice and crispy.  OK this means I can bite through it properly as it snaps in half but it is also only edible in that state.  I've had rubbery bacon in the past which has literally made me heave.  Disgusting stuff. 

Get out of here, bacon should only just about be shown a flame. Crispy bacon, thats American shite. Pigs died to give yu that delight and you go and burn them to a crisp

The wayAmericans eat bacon is just wrong

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Get out of here, bacon should only just about be shown a flame. Crispy bacon, thats American shite. Pigs died to give yu that delight and you go and burn them to a crisp

20200529_190336.jpg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

The cut doesn't help either, too thin, the fat content isn't the best but could be managed by being thicker and cooked better 

Bacon should have a texture than resembles meat

Just now, villa4europe said:

The cut doesn't help either, too thin, the fat content isn't the best but could be managed by being thicker and cooked better 

Yep exremely thin streaky bacon, burned to a crisp. Grim. I think they call back bacon, Canadian Bacon and it's not a normal thing to find

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

sick puke GIF

Hmmm. I'm kinda down the middle on the bacon debate. Shouldn't be turned to pork scratchings, but equally, shouldn't be near-raw and rubbery. The trick is to get it so the fat is no longer white, or semi-opaque, but as soon as it takes on a light golden tinge, it's done. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I always eat pizza with knife and fork but out of necessity. 

If I bite into a pizza slice I will pull away the whole of the topping with me with a piece of base with a smear of tomato sauce in my hand and cheesy tomato sauce dangling all over my chin and down my shirt. 

I think as a result of your own (let’s call it “militant and violently aggressive”) approach to food opinions, if you can only eat pizza with a knife and fork (which is an incorrect and mildly offensive way to eat pizza) then you just aren’t eligible to eat pizza. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Â