The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

Just now, It's Your Round said:

I can quite imagine. The depths of depravity, desperation and sadness in the world is pretty grim. 

Yep. And it was the sheer amount of messages ad pics we got. The picture of the girl we used was horrible and we were inundated. The guy who set it up was getting messages before he'd even put a picture up or info on the profile. Mental.

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd rank chips and curry sauce as one of my all time favourite fast food choices. 

Years ago I got introduced to a 'mucky tray' by a friend from the black country. You might know it as a different name. 

Chips, rice and curry sauce from the Chinese take-away. Consumed after you've had a skinful. Its great at soaking up the booze. 

Just now, Xela said:

Years ago I got introduced to a 'mucky tray' by a friend from the black country. You might know it as a different name. 

Chips, rice and curry sauce from the Chinese take-away. Consumed after you've had a skinful. Its great at soaking up the booze. 

Yep. I'm not really into chinese food very much, especially after going veggie, so if we ever get a chinese now that's my order. Didn't know it had a name!

One of my best mates is Chinese, and his dad owns restaurants, and it infuriates him that that's what I order from a chinese :D 

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Get out.

You don’t put beans in a microwave.

Beans go in a pan and are cooked thoroughly to the point of burning to bring about reduction, that’s after you’ve mixed in the butter, salt/pepper, smoked paprika, chilli powder and chipotle chilli flakes.

Microwaves are for reheating a kebab on a Sunday lunchtime.

I ain't got no time for beans in a pan 

V Busy GIF by MOODMAN

On the subject of Beans, anyone else noticed how Heinz keep increasing the sauce content and reducing beans? When you open a tin of Heinz it looks more like a tin of bean soup now.  You can pour away for LITERALLY 10 minutes before a bean falls out. 

I try avoiding Heinz as much as reasonably possible following their closure of the HP factory in Aston anyway, just my little personal protest. 

Branston Beans are just as good if not better and actually fill their tins up with beans. 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, Xela said:

In civilisation we call that curry, rice and chips

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, sidcow said:

On the subject of Beans, anyone else noticed how Heinz keep increasing the sauce content and reducing beans? When you open a tin of Heinz it looks more like a tin of bean soup now.  You can pour away for LITERALLY 10 minuted before a bean falls out. 

I try avoiding Heinz as much as reasonably possible following their closure of the HP factory in Aston anyway, just my little personal protest. 

Branston Beans are just as good if not better and actually fill their tins up with beans. 

I'm dieting at the moment which means I'm being really anal and measuring all my food. For lunch the other day i wanted half a tin of beans (no not on it's own!)

They're just over 400g a tin. So I went to weigh out 200g to be approximately half the tin. Poured it into a bowl on the scales. And I was at 180g before a single bean left the can. All sauce before that.

Literally half the can is sauce.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, bickster said:

In civilisation we call that curry, rice and chips

He did say it was a friend from The Black Country. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

He did say it was a friend from The Black Country. 

i'm still reeling from Bicks referring to Merseyside as civilisation :) 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm dieting at the moment which means I'm being really anal and measuring all my food. For lunch the other day i wanted half a tin of beans (no not on it's own!)

They're just over 400g a tin. So I went to weigh out half the tin. Poured it into a bowl on the scales. And I was at 180g before a single bean left the can. All sauce before that.

Yes, I remember having beans on toast as a kid and there was very little sauce on your toast.  Now it's swimming around the toast and completely soaking it so it turns almost to mush. 

Things were better in the olden days. 

48 minutes ago, sidcow said:

On the subject of Beans, anyone else noticed how Heinz keep increasing the sauce content and reducing beans? When you open a tin of Heinz it looks more like a tin of bean soup now.  You can pour away for LITERALLY 10 minutes before a bean falls out. 

You gotta shake that shit up before opening, rookie mistake.

I'm getting the feeling you're not a beans man.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They're just over 400g a tin. So I went to weigh out 200g to be approximately half the tin. Poured it into a bowl on the scales. And I was at 180g before a single bean left the can. All sauce before that.

Which is why you then reduce it down by (over)cooking in a pot!

There's method to my madness I can assure thee.

38 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You gotta shake that shit up before opening, rookie mistake.

I'm getting the feeling you're not a beans man.

You know nothing... NOTHING. 

THIS is me

if you know what i mean eyebrow wiggle GIF

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

What kind of witchcraft is that? Warm weetabix? GROSS

No, I'm with Stevo on this one. Don't like crunchy Weetabix with cold milk at all. Much prefer it mushy, in hot milk, with honey. 

Â