Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, messi11 said:

Loan him out for the next season, two or three. then he should be ready for the 1st team

Think you'll be surprised to see he'll be ready much sooner than 3 seasons time. If the blue-sky sale of GerrardBall rings true I think it'll suit Kesler down to the ground and we'll see him replacing Guilbert next season and he'll appear in the cups and (all and form being well). The season after he'll be hunting Matty Cash's squad position.

His loan is going well and how often do we give 5 year deals to 18yr olds? We're confident as **** in this lad.

• Like 2

As much as our loans haven’t quite worked out, I think the only players that will make it anyway from the FA youth cup team are Ramsey, Carney and Kesler. 

I have high hopes for those 3. If Jacob Ramsey continues on his trajectory as well, that would be an incredible bit of work from the academy getting 3/4 youngsters in and around the first team. 

15 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

As much as our loans haven’t quite worked out, I think the only players that will make it anyway from the FA youth cup team are Ramsey, Carney and Kesler. 

I have high hopes for those 3. If Jacob Ramsey continues on his trajectory as well, that would be an incredible bit of work from the academy getting 3/4 youngsters in and around the first team. 

At the end of the day all of them might fade away in the long term, but I agree that those 3 are the standout. Recent additions of Feeney and Iroegbunam are outstanding as well. 

For what it's worth I think Ben Chrisene will also have a decent shot at a good career. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Trust the process, the qualified experienced people we have put in place will do what's right 

How much has he played as a proper RB? Every clip I've seen of him at Swindon is in attack 

That's how her plays as RB. Every game he's played so far (as far as I'm aware) had been in that position. That's just how he plays it. 

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Trust the process, the qualified experienced people we have put in place will do what's right 

How much has he played as a proper RB? Every clip I've seen of him at Swindon is in attack 

Very good point.

It never ceases to amaze me at Villa, how so much emphasis is directed at offensive play, when appraising defenders.

Their first priority is to defend.....and then add as many attributes as they can.

The skill set required to defend, is far more important, than some folk, seem to consider.

Defending amongst some Villa fans ( younger ones mainly) seems like a necessary evil, as opposed to an integral part of the game.

Sure, we all like the eye candy.....but stopping the opposition from having their eye candy, is paramount too...and requires a creditable amount of skill.

Â